INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Clear Library" Help...  (Read 1473 times)

DanF

• Recent member
"Clear Library" Help...
« on: October 26, 2013, 01:47:11 pm »

Hello All,

Before upgrading to MC19, I wanted to Clear, and eventually remove, a library in MC18.  After clearing the library, I am puzzled that the size of the library is still the size of my whole music media files, which were in this library. See attachment below...

Any ideas?  I would like to completely delete this library from Media Center, but don't want my actual media files to be deleted if I remove the library.

The reason for deleting this library is that when I try to install MC19, it wants to make copies of my MC18 libraries, and tries to copy my NAS (Network) library to my local hard disk on my laptop.  I don't want this to happen....I don't have enough local disk space to have all my media files copied from my NAS to my laptop drive..

Perhaps this library is corrupted? Or is this normal?  I don't even understand why this library had such a large size??

I believe if I'm able to successfully remove this library from MC18, the MC19 update software should run successfully, without any of the issues I've been having for the past couple of days trying to update Media Center.

Lastly, after Clearing this library, I can't seem to delete/remove it from MC18....it's grayed out.  How do I get rid of this so-called empty library?

Thanks for looking!

Dan

DanF

• Recent member
Re: "Clear Library" Help...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »

UPDATE:

Well, it looks like I didn't have to delete/remove that library from MC18 after I cleaned it.  Thankfully/Finally, I was able to successfully install MC19, and that cleaned MC18 library (attachment above) didn't copy over to MC19.   :D

I guess that library was the cause of all my problems yesterday trying to run the MC19 update software.  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up