INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Centre 19 for Windows and OSX Itunes Cover Art tagging Question?.  (Read 8391 times)

Wayne C

• Recent member

I have just spent around a week getting cover art for my 4,000 or so albums which i have transferred from Itunes on a Mac to a windows Pc which has J River on board, prior to the transfer most of these files didn't have any artwork attached to the tag, hence me spending hours and hours doing each album singularly ( most of my 7,000 collection were found by the software ) but as mentioned 4,000 i had to find myself.
I now have all my artwork showing on media center and everything looks really neat, just to explain if i may my settings are as follows

Options Cover Art
Audio mode : In a Specific folder
Folder C:\Users\home   etc etc
Also store image in the files tag ...  yes and has been from day one

Heres my problem , my girlfriend asked me to copy a selection of material for her onto a hard drive so she can add it to her Mac and add to itunes , this was roughly around 10gb of material, but when i copied the files from my hard disc to a flash drive and then to the mac, there wasnt a single album art picture within the tag??, can i ask if i need to do something else or have missed something as all art is showing on Pc without issue but on copying to Mac no album art seems to be attached within the file?.

I hope someone doesnt say that Windows and OSX tagging parameters aren't interchangable.

Thanks for any advice.

Have read the cover art wiki a few times but am a little hesitant about altering anything from standard settings , just in case my cover art disappears for ever, must have spent at least 6 hours a day for two weeks looking on Google Images!..

Is it possible to copy a secondary cover art file into the album folders without altering the main folder with all the covers?.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Centre 19 for Windows and OSX Itunes Cover Art tagging Question?.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 03:37:00 pm »

Do the tracks that MC tagged automatically not have cover art or just the ones you found yourself with google images?

For the ones you found yourself, how did you save the cover art?  Just in your specified folder or to each track?  When you play a track in MC, in the Playing Now pane is the cover art showing, or is it only showing when you look at the album under the Audio tree?

Wayne C

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 02:49:50 pm »

Hi again, basically I just right clicked the album or highlighted all the songs on the album and selected get cover art from file and located my downloaded cover art on the desktop , thats all i' ve done nothing more different from a basic save of cover art.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:06:23 pm »

I would try right clicking on an album -> Library Tools -> Update Tags (from library).

When you click on a track, open up the tag window in the lower left.  If the cover art is saved to the file, the Image File tag should read Inside File. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up