INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 server needs to be restarted often...  (Read 1061 times)

Yaamon

• Recent member
MC19 server needs to be restarted often...
« on: October 28, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »

I am using MC19 in a windows network.  MC19 server is running on Windows Server 2012 Essentials and MC19 is running on the clients (all Windows 8, not 8.1).  I am using MC19.0.54 (I assume build 54).

On the clients, I am doing a LoadLibrary to connect to the server.  Everything initially worked fine.

After I leave the MC19 server for a couple of days (no other use), when I come back things aren't working so good.  Clients have to LoadLibrary often on startup, and then the server connection is broken during playback---requiring LoadLibraries.  At some point, I can't connect to the server reliably any more.

Then, I try restarting MC19 server on the server (close it and restart it), and everything works OK.

How long can I expect MC19 server to sit idle and still work reliably?

Thanks,
Greg

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC19 server needs to be restarted often...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 07:39:08 pm »

I try restarting MC19 server on the server (close it and restart it), and everything works OK.

How long can I expect MC19 server to sit idle and still work reliably?

Something is wrong.

MC18 (and previous versions before that) regularly runs on my server at the office for weeks straight without issue (and I only usually close it to update the build).  I'm pretty sure the copy running there now has been running full-time since the last build of MC18 came out (which was quite some time ago).  The only exception would be if it had scheduled patching that required a reboot (but it is "non-essential", doesn't touch our secure stuff in any way, and is behind the firewall, so it is a lower priority anyhow, so I don't know for sure how much that has happened).

The client copy of MC18 that is running the video wall in the lobby has been running non-stop for 3 months now, I think.  Maybe longer.

That's not MC19, which is new and so could be a bit less stable, but I've not seen any differences running it at home (and it isn't like they revamped much that directly impacts the server components).

One part of what you mentioned above was confusing, though...

Clients have to LoadLibrary often on startup

What, exactly, do you mean by "LoadLibrary"?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up