INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing existing database - help with tags please.  (Read 3741 times)

mlevinson

• Recent member
Importing existing database - help with tags please.
« on: October 28, 2013, 09:40:50 pm »

Hi everyone...

I have a huge database of .wav files which I am trying to import and I cannot figure out how to configure the import process so that it gets the correct information (Artist/Album/track name).

The folder structure is as follows, and seems pretty darn intuitive to me but JRiver imports all the songs into a single folder named "Unknown artists".  There has GOT to be a way to make it understand the file structure but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

ANY help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thank you!
Jim

mlevinson

• Recent member
Re: Importing existing database - help with tags please.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:07:01 pm »

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum but the process may be the same for V19 (what I'm trialing) as it is V18?

Thanks,
Jim

Listener

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:56:30 pm »

I have a huge database of .wav files which I am trying to import and I cannot figure out how to configure the import process so that it gets the correct information (Artist/Album/track name).

The folder structure is as follows, and seems pretty darn intuitive to me but JRiver imports all the songs into a single folder named "Unknown artists".  There has GOT to be a way to make it understand the file structure but for the life of me I cannot figure it out.

JRiver doesn't move files when it imports them.  Youy probably mean that the Artist field is named "Unknown artists".

While you can browse by folder, JRiver is mostly organized around browsing files by the values in database fields such as Artist, Album, Genre and (Track) Name.  JRiver normally fills out values for these fields using Tags stored within the music files.  Wav files don't usually have tags embedded in them.

JRiver can get database fields values from the folder and file names for your files.  For files that you have already imported, you can select some files, right-click on them and choose "Library tools" and then "Fill Properties from filename".  A dialog window will appear.  Youy specify a template for the formats of the folder names and file names.  Try it on one or a few files and before trying it on a large number of files.

Bill

mlevinson

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 08:13:57 pm »

Thank you Bill!  I will give it a try.
Pages: [1]   Go Up