INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: System Noise when moving mouse  (Read 1049 times)

DV8

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My Karma ran over my Dogma
System Noise when moving mouse
« on: November 03, 2013, 01:16:56 am »

I am getting a lot of noise/static on my output that varies as I simply move my mouse around. Not clicking anything. Just the act of moving the mouse induces greater or lesser noise on output. It is very audible and annoying. Why would moving a mouse generate or modulate the level of noise output? This is for music stereo output to power amp.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: System Noise when moving mouse
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:26:49 am »

I've noticed this before when using onboard sound.
Apparently the cause may be a ground loop? I've never stuck with onboard sound long enough to try and figure out if that was the cause - whenever I've been using it, it's only been temporary.

fluidz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 01:29:19 am »

I am getting a lot of noise/static on my output that varies as I simply move my mouse around. Not clicking anything. Just the act of moving the mouse induces greater or lesser noise on output. It is very audible and annoying. Why would moving a mouse generate or modulate the level of noise output? This is for music stereo output to power amp.

Something like this will fix the problem, personal experience.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GROUND-LOOP-ISOLATOR-WITH-GOLD-PLATED-CONNECTORS-/140500004951

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:08:09 am »

It can be caused by USB misbehavior.  A USB port or hub not sharing well with other USB devices.

The solution is to move your devices to different ports until the noise no longer happens.  If you're using a USB DAC then move the DAC to a different port that is not sharing other devices on a hub.  If you're using a USB keyboard and a USB mouse then put both the keyboard and mouse on ports that are on the same hub.  Experiment with different combinations.

If it is a desktop computer you can add an additional add-on card to add additional USB ports.  And hopefully those ports will be more isolated and not cause noise.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 03:32:26 am »

I had a similar issue with my dedicated pcie sound device some years ago, in my case the fuzzy noises disappeared when I set the windows playback device to a 24 bit format.
Pages: [1]   Go Up