INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 Resamples to 48kHZ  (Read 3681 times)

1spammagnet@gmail.com

• Recent member
MC19 Resamples to 48kHZ
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:49:12 pm »

I've noticed that MC19 resamples all of my 24/96 files to 48kHZ. Is there a way to allow the files to play at the native resolution? I never encountered this problem with MC18.

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC19 Resamples to 48kHZ
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:52:11 pm »

What playback device are you using with MC19?

Also check to see what your settings, if any, are for the following:

Tools->Options->Audio-> DSP & Output format.
Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s

1spammagnet@gmail.com

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:37:34 pm »

Thanks for the reply. I'm using a Mac Mini going through a Woo Audio WDS-1. I finally figured it out on my own doing what you suggested.  On MC18, the default is set for whatever the input resolution is whereas on MC19 the default is 48k.  Go figure.

flyfishman

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:56:26 pm »

:(

I've tried changing the output rate on all input rates to "No Change" and tried all at 96K, but as soon as I play any of the free samples from HDTracks the Audio Path always says, "Resampling from 96K to 48K" and it has reset the outputs back to 48K. I am using a Musical Surroundings My DAC II with Audioquest Carbon USB from my Mac Mini running Media Center 19.

Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 1 Gb memory 500Gb drive -> Audioquest Carbon USB > Peachtree DAC IT and Musical Surroundings My DAC II -> amp.

VPI Scout II with Dynavector 20X2L -> Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomema -> Amp.

Stereomour 2A3 SET tube amp (3.5 watts) -> Lowther DX-4 drivers in Lowther Medallion cabinets with built in 12" Rythmic subs.

flyfishman

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:00:31 pm »

I've tried changing the output rate on all input rates to "No Change" and tried all at 96K, but as soon as I play any of the free samples from HDTracks the Audio Path always says, "Resampling from 96K to 48K" and it has reset the outputs back to 48K. I am using a Musical Surroundings My DAC II with Audioquest Carbon USB from my Mac Mini running Media Center 19.

The only output device that shows up USB Audio DAC. Could that be the problem?

Mac Mini OS 10.6.8 1 Gb memory 500Gb drive -> Audioquest Carbon USB > Peachtree DAC IT and Musical Surroundings My DAC II -> amp.

VPI Scout II with Dynavector 20X2L -> Musical Surroundings NovaPhonomema -> Amp.

Stereomour 2A3 SET tube amp (3.5 watts) -> Lowther DX-4 drivers in Lowther Medallion cabinets with built in 12" Rythmic subs.

flyfishman

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »

The only output device that shows up USB Audio DAC. Could that be the problem?

This must be the problem. From the Musical Surroundings web site:

The MYDAC II features 3 inputs including USB for computer audio up to 44.1 KHz and S/PDIF for high resolution files up to 192KHz. ::)

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 06:52:54 am »

I too am have this up sampling issue. I am using the Luxman DA-06 DAC. It appeasers that either everything is played in DSD (up sampled red book, or native DSD) if I set the MC 19 Mac to recognize either DSD or 2XDSD, or no DSD at all if I chose none. I do not believe this is a DAC issue.
I would like everything to play in it's native format

Please help...

Thanks

LS

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 10:44:26 am »

Check out Mikeau's suggestion in this very similar thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85063.0
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

seric56

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 01:19:05 pm »

Check out Mikeau's suggestion in this very similar thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=85063.0

Thanks for the suggestion. But I have tried matching the sample rates, and everything is till up sampled to DSD at 56.4.
Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:50 pm »

Quote from: seric56
I would like everything to play in it's native format
To play everything in it's native format (to the extent possible), leave "Output Encoding" set to "None" in DSP Studio "Output Format".

To send DSD tracks straight to your DAC with no conversion to PCM, set "Bitstreaming:" to "DSD over PCM (DoP)" in Tools / Options / Audio.  If you have a DAC that doesn't support the "DoP" format, choose just "DSD" instead for this option.

If your DAC doesn't support the sample rate of one of the files you try to play, it will fail and Media Center will automatically try progressively lower sample rates until the track plays.  Then it will set your Output Format sample rate table to reflect the selected sample rate.  You can manually tell Media Center to convert those unsupported sample rates to one that will play OK and leave the others at "No change".
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up