INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track numbers not showing up when browsing / playing from remote server  (Read 946 times)

jhwalker

• Recent member

Don't know if this is a known issue, an issue specific to a build of the Mac software or . . . didn't see it detailed elsewhere on the site.

I have a remote server with >60k tracks, and all appears to be running well there.  For convenience, I access the remote server remotely from my laptop (i.e., I load the remote library and play the track locally through my headphones).  This seems to work very well, except that the track numbers do not show up on the local machine, so tracks do not play in the order they are supposed to.  The track numbers are present on the remote server, so if I play the same albums directly on the remote server, they play just fine - it is only when I try them locally on my laptop the track numbers are just missing :/  FWIW, all the other fields seem to be populated properly, only track numbers are missing.

Any ideas?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Track numbers not showing up when browsing / playing from remote server
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 10:17:05 am »

What shows in the track number column, just blank?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

jhwalker

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »

Yep, just blank.  All the other fields, that I've checked, are populated - only track number is blank.  And it's correctly populated when browsing the library directly on the remote machine  :P

jhwalker

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:48:35 pm »

Quick update - it doesn't happen with every album, only certain ones (no common denominator I can discern).  And it persists across OSs (i.e., if I load the remote library on my Windows workstation, the same track numbers are missing as when I view the remote library on my Mac workstation).
Pages: [1]   Go Up