INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question regarding digital audio streaming  (Read 720 times)

Mahesh

Newbie question regarding digital audio streaming
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:40:49 am »

Hello all:

I am a newcomer to this forum.

Like many others, I am trying to plan ahead for the day when my Squeezebox SB3 gives up the ghost. I am currently using Logitech's Media Server to stream music files from my PC to my SB3. The digital output of the SB3 goes to a Benchmark DAC1 and then to a pair of class D amplifiers built using the ICEPower 250ASX2 modules. I use Magnepan MMG speakers.

I would appreciate some advice regarding alternatives to the SB3 that are compatible with the JRiver Media Center. I would prefer to continue to use a Windows 7 PC and wireless streaming. The Benchmark DAC1 has SP/DIF co-ax and Toslink inputs.

I am sorry to lose what is essentially a question on hardware in this forum. But my problem is that I need to look at both the hardware and the software aspects of a solution together. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newbie question regarding digital audio streaming
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:00:25 am »

You may want to try Whitebear Media Server to control your Squeezebox via Media Center. I think this would also give you access to Media Center's DSP functions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up