INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice On Album Art for New(er) User  (Read 942 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
Advice On Album Art for New(er) User
« on: November 06, 2013, 08:29:43 am »

After sitting around for many months and barely tinkering with JRiver for Mac for the last few weeks a light has gone on and it is becoming more and more my go to data manager and player.

I have primarily used iTunes with Audivrana Plus as data manager and XLD to encode CDs and transcode files.  When using this tool I had embedded the artwork either by using the Get Info in iTunes for all the tracks in an album and dragging the album art into the artwork window or when using XLD dragging the album art into the artwork window of that tool.  I believe all my artwork is embedded within the file and following the path with Finder to the Artist>Album>Song the artwork will show with that file highlighted.

As I move forward with JRiver for Mac is it better to embed the artwork file within the Album file?  In other words under each album file is the list of songs and should I have the jpg file within that folder?  Currently I have maintained a separate folder under Documents>Master Album Artwork where a copy of each jpg for each album resides.  What is the purpose and benefit of having the jpg with the Album folder if the artwork is already embedded within each Song?

Thank you for any opinions and advice.

MK :)
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Advice On Album Art for New(er) User
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 08:47:59 am »

MC supports all three popular cover art schemes:
1) Embedded in the tags
2) A sidecar image next to the audio files on disk (folder.jpg, etc.)
3) A single shared cover art folder

Personally I like #1.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up