INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing Metadata - Should this be done through iTunes or Can I do it in JRiver  (Read 1475 times)

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen

If I understand correctly JRiver for Mac 19 does not currently support ripping CDs or transcoding files.  So, I am left with still using iTunes and XLD for those tasks.  I do believe (though I have not yet tried it) that JRiver for Mac 19 will support metadata editing and adding artwork.  When I make my edits in iTunes/XLD and I update my Import in JRiver for Mac 19 that updated metadata will show in the JRiver library.  If I was too make metadata or artwork edits in JRiver is there a way to send those updates or retrieve those updates into iTunes?
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I do believe (though I have not yet tried it) that JRiver for Mac 19 will support metadata editing and adding artwork.  When I make my edits in iTunes/XLD and I update my Import in JRiver for Mac 19 that updated metadata will show in the JRiver library.  If I was too make metadata or artwork edits in JRiver is there a way to send those updates or retrieve those updates into iTunes?

By default, any edits in MC will save the changes in the file tags.  MC's tagging engine works great on all platforms.

I'm not sure if iTunes detects external changes automatically and updates its library like MC.  I'm also not sure if iTunes has a command like MC's 'Update Library (from tags)'.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen

The only thing I can think of for iTunes would be File>Library>Organize Library.

I have a file I will try and test by editing the Album in JRiver and then see if it will update in iTunes. I am beginning to believe that this type of issues for me (play count updates from iTunes, metadata updates transferring between data libraries etc) will be short term once full ripping in JRiver for Mac is implemented and I more than likely will make a full transition to using MC for Mac Everyday my time with JRiver increases and with iTunes/Audivrana reduces.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen

It worked at least for a simple field like Album. The title change I made in JMRC updated the same Album Title change in iTunes. I reversed it and it worked again. I need to learn how to tag more fields as I am only seeing basic fields.
Pages: [1]   Go Up