INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19.0.54 Can I configure track double click to perform the regular Play command?  (Read 2700 times)

chrisjj

• Citizen of the Universe

On a repeated track, track double click selects all the repeats:

The regular Play command (View, Play or Play button) does not - much better, I think:

Can I configure track double click to perform the regular Play?

Devs, perhaps the current behaviour is in error? It means e.g. Stop, Play plays just the repeated tracks. It seems there's a conflict between the selection showing the tracks that are playing, but then determining the positions that will play upon Play.

Arindelle

You have some choices here Options=>General=>Behavior

Is "Replace Playing Now (All) selected?
If not try that - it should stop the player and clear the playing now

chrisjj

Is "Replace Playing Now (All) selected?

Yes.

Arindelle

The Only way I can reproduce this is if I have the repeat button on with the repeat current option chosen. And that seems normal to me.

Not sure what problem you are having, but did you maybe forget to turn off repeat - otherwise it will loop.

chrisjj

The Only way I can reproduce this is if I have the repeat button on with the repeat current option chosen.

Strange. Here it happens the same if repeat button is off:

Not sure what problem you are having, but did you maybe forget to turn off repeat

The problem is not to do with MC's repeat function. It is to do with repeats of a track that I have made in a playlist.

Arindelle

The problem is not to do with MC's repeat function. It is to do with repeats of a track that I have made in a playlist.

hmm .... probably has something to do with using this from within a playlist.  Try this start your playlist and then go to Playing Now window. Now try double clicking.

chrisjj

hmm .... probably has something to do with using this from within a playlist.  Try this start your playlist and then go to Playing Now window. Now try double clicking.

Playing Now shows the same issue.

And another issue: it fails to embolden the other instances of the playing track.

Arindelle

sorry .. I'm out of ideas. Can't seem to reproduce the issue outside of playlists. Hope somebody else can help

chrisjj

Can't seem to reproduce the issue outside of playlists.

Could you show a screenshot of your result on Playing Now?

Arindelle

ok but not sure how that would help you

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

I think only Playing Now tracks the sequence that is currently playing.  Tracks that are being played will highlight when viewed in a playlist.  Since the Playing Now sequencing can be different than the playlist's sequencing, there is no way to know which of the playlists sequence is being played.  Hence, all copies of the track are highlighted.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

chrisjj

Thanks MrC. That expains the absent emboldening. If you've no suggestion on the extra selection, I guess it must be a bug.

MrC

It's a reasonable limitation of the design and implementation.  I'd hazard a guess that the algorithm for highlighting tracks in a non Playing Now view is this:

if FileKey() is currently playing
      highlight tracks that have the same FileKey()

Thus, in a playlist, all duplicate tracks have the same FileKey(), so they get highlighted.

Since Playing Now can be shuffled after playlist contents are added, and MC maintains no Original Ordered Added for Playing Now items, there's no way to distinguish which of the several duplicates is actually playing.  And it seems entirely reasonable to highlight the track that is currently playing.

chrisjj

I agree. But I'm not suggesting a bug in the highlighting (emboldening). I'm suggesting a bug in the selecting.

MrC

I meant "highlighting" as an all-encompassing term.

chrisjj

I meant "highlighting" as an all-encompassing term.

Then I have to say that your:

I'd hazard a guess that the algorithm for highlighting tracks in a non Playing Now view is this:

if FileKey() is currently playing
      highlight tracks that have the same FileKey()

does not accord with what's seen. E.g. none of these "highlighted" tracks are playing:

I think that's because this blue background indicates selected - whereas it is emboldening that indicates playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up