INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photo Management  (Read 1202 times)

icstm

• World Citizen
Photo Management
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:20:07 am »

Hi all,

After a quick search I could not find many examples of people using MC for their image library.

I am intersted most in making it a simple place to sync key albums with my phone (or Google+ account) the same way I am use JR's immense ability to manage my music collection and pretty good ability with videos.

How many of you use MC for photos and if so how do you curate your collection?
As JR has smartlists, it should be easy to create dynamic albums and the like.

Thoughts?

bannonb

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Photo Management
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:47 am »

I use MC for audio, images and video.

I synch my audio to a disk subdirectory where I can clock down (convert to lower bps) the files for use on devices (android phone).  I then copy the directories manually to the 64GB SD card on my phone for airplane use.

I have not attempted to do the synch with images or video because of how I use my device but the device options show video and image dialog boxes.

Take a look at tools--options--handheld, select the proper media types and then create your device (subdir) or add device (I assume ipod or other device when plugged in--not sure about this one).

BannonB
------
BannonB

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »

I use  MC for my audio, video and photo needs.
For photos, I make extensive use of three tags : People, Places and Keywords.  Love the search and filtering capabilities !

While I have a JR Media Server running 24/365 and a MC HTPC client on each TV in the house, I do not sync with portable devices however.

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 04:36:39 pm »

I use MC for movies, music and family photo collection. For photos, I am only beginning to get organized. I found tagging the files directly in Windows Explorer is a powerful tool, as these tags appear as keywords in MC. I have a view that lists all thumbs and where I can filter based on (multiples of) these keywords, e.g. "Summer holiday", and get summer holiday pictures from all years. You get the idea. For now I prefer tagging in the OS, as these tags also are useful directly in Win8.

One thing I really miss in MC is the simple ability to right-click a photo to either copy it to clipboard or "Save as...".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »

One thing I really miss in MC is the simple ability to right-click a photo to either copy it to clipboard or "Save as...".
Copy and paste are available.  Select an image or images and right click.  It's under the Edit commands.  You can also use ctrl-c and ctrl-v.

In the Action Window, you can use Camera / Copy from clipboard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up