INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 keeps changing non-standard Genre values to "Blues"  (Read 641 times)

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
MC19 keeps changing non-standard Genre values to "Blues"
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

I have a large number of my MP3s tagged with Genre values that are not in the ID3V1 list.

This never used to be a problem. But recently MC19 has been changing some of them to "Blues". "Blues" is, of course, the interpretation of the ID3V1 genre tag value 0. The changes usually seem to occur when I'm trying to synch to my iPod.

After I tag one of my files properly in the MC UI, Update Tags from Library seems to "work". But looking at the file in Explorer's file properties shows "Blues". In MC, Update Library from Tags changes it back to Blues.

I have tried this with and without "update tags when file info changes" set. No change. (btw, that option could be better worded. I think it means "update tags in file with info in library changes", but I'm not certain.)

MP3tag is not helping. It shows NO Genre information stored at all, regardless of whether I tell it to read id3v1, id3v2, or both. Attempting to use MP3tag to remove the id3v1 tag does not change any of this behavior.

...any ideas?
I understand that id3v2 tags support arbitrary text for Genre, whereas id3v1 does not. I have seen previous discussions of similar issues, some ending in suggestions to change the "store tags" option for the "MP3 plug-in" in the "plug-in manager" under "Tools". I don't have that. I can't find anything anywhere in Tools | Options allowing me to specify which MP3 tags (v1 or v2) are stored.
Pages: [1]   Go Up