INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Should I buy MC19 for Mac for my wife's iPad?  (Read 1459 times)

jbd

• Recent member
Should I buy MC19 for Mac for my wife's iPad?
« on: November 10, 2013, 02:14:17 pm »

I'm using MC18 Windows on my HTPC as the media hub for the family.  My wife has an iPhone and an iPad, and with JRemote on her iPad she can access her music stored on the HTPC around the house, as well as control other zones like the kitchen speakers. 

But...

She wants to be able to play her music off her iPad (or iPhone) while on travel and away from the home LAN.  She also wants to be able to play her music on airplane flights, so presumably needs copies of her music files resident on her iPhone or iPad as well.

I'm trying to figure out how to set her up, ideally so she can sync her iTunes playlists with her JRiver playlists, since she tends to buy her music through iTunes. 

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.  I'll spend just about any amount of $$ to make her happy, such as for MC19 MAC or iTunesSynchronizer or other utilities if those are what is needed.

Thanks

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Should I buy MC19 for Mac for my wife's iPad?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »

How about making a playlist in iTunes (since she buys her music that way) that can be called "Her iPad Music", "Her iPod Music" and then you can take those playlists to JRiver so she can have the same thing around the house if she chooses. 

Here is how to convert those iTunes playlists to JRiver. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83767.msg572203#msg572203

JRiver mentioned a few months ago that they ***might*** make it where iOS products could sync with JRiver.  No idea where they're at though as they've been busy with Mac & Linux.   ;D
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:30:56 am »

iOS Syncing with Media Center would be sick.  The only caveat is that I sometimes find devices require the iPod function--like my alarm clock--I don't know if it will let me use something other than the iPod app.  Although since iOS 7 I have issues with it, sporadically, so it's probably not worth worrying about.

jbd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:25:00 pm »

How about making a playlist in iTunes (since she buys her music that way) that can be called "Her iPad Music", "Her iPod Music" and then you can take those playlists to JRiver so she can have the same thing around the house if she chooses. 

Here is how to convert those iTunes playlists to JRiver. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=83767.msg572203#msg572203

JRiver mentioned a few months ago that they ***might*** make it where iOS products could sync with JRiver.  No idea where they're at though as they've been busy with Mac & Linux.   ;D

Thanks very much for the helpful reply, jtwrace.  I'll try the iTunes playlist conversion you suggest.  Automatically syncing JRiver from her iTunes would be fantastic... since it would avoid my having to manually manage her playlists across her devices.  Hopefully that might come true some day... or maybe I'll manage to wean her off Apple products, which I personally hate for all their non-intuitiveness and Playskool level capabilities -->  "What?!  Why can't I drag and drop files to that folder?!  I'm looking right at it!" 
Pages: [1]   Go Up