INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No DLNA renderers showing  (Read 2347 times)

jefierro

• Recent member
No DLNA renderers showing
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

Greetings.

I have no DLNA renderers showing on a mac using MC19
I'm a long time MC user, but just recently venturing on DLNA stuff, any help trying to troubleshoot this issue?

Setup:

master: Digital Media Server (MacPro MC19  on Mavericks OS X)
slave: Digital Media Renderer using for now XBMC renderer old pc laptop (Lubuntu i386)
slave: Digital Media player MC19 for linux on a x64 ubuntu laptop.
remote: ipad JRemote.
remote: gizmo on android tablet/phone

More info:

I'm on a wireless network for just audio.
Mac firewall is off.
I can control the master MC19 on the mac using local IP address and key with the JRemote on the ipad
I can get the digital media from the master library on my laptop using ubuntu and MC19 for linux
I can see XBMC renderers on the ubuntu x64 laptop but not on the mac
I can't select xbmc zone on the remote to play digital media from the mac server. (this is the main objective)

hope this make sense, if not please disregard  8). Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: No DLNA renderers showing
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »

Make sure you have the latest version of MC available.  Check that Media Network is on (in MC's options).

jefierro

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »

Thanks, but I've just reformatted fresh the mac and installed the latest build from this forum, Media network is on, I can access the server's library from the remote and the other machines.

I've added another linux machine, my son's ubuntu desktop as a player and renderer, and as previously noted it only shows on the other linux MC but not on the mac, the one I need.

please help me troubleshoot this issue as I'm not very familiar of the mac OS.  Thanks.

jefierro

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 06:39:54 pm »

Update:

On the mac MC19 server I loaded one of the other libraries that had few files using the access key of the other linux MC and, voila all other libraries and servers are now accessible on the mac, this is weird. And as soon I load the default library all are gone.

I want to set up just one zone apart from where the mac server is, so i can control it on a remote application, but as of now I can only load the satellite library this way, not the main library.

Any thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up