INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A big thanks for a great product  (Read 1882 times)

RJC

• Junior Woodchuck
A big thanks for a great product
« on: November 10, 2013, 03:06:04 pm »

Hi Everyone,

I've been a software developer for a few decades and I have not seen many products with the depth and breadth of functionality as MC.  Couple this with the great attention to detail and excellent performance, and you have a truly amazing product.

Many thanks to everyone involved.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: A big thanks for a great product
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »

Very kind of you to say so.  Thank you.  And welcome to the forum.

thediscman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:40:41 am »

Hi Everyone,

I've been a software developer for a few decades and I have not seen many products with the depth and breadth of functionality as MC.  Couple this with the great attention to detail and excellent performance, and you have a truly amazing product.

Many thanks to everyone involved.

+1

Nothing else comes close. The speed at which the JRiver team expands and improves MC in highly useful ways is nothing short of amazing.

Thanks for all your hard work.

spiggytopes

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:45:19 am »

+1

Fabulous.

JohanJooste

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:35:00 am »

Brilliant product. Since I started using it 2 weeks ago its been just a seamless transition from iTunes. The
feedback I receive from the Forum is also quick and spot on. I am telling all my friends about this it. Big ups Guys !

Claude Lapalme

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 11:08:19 am »

It's some of the best money I've ever spent.
As a composer/orchestrator/arranger, I've used Sibelius since 1999. The care and enthusiasm shown by the JRiver team reminds me of what Sibelius was before Avid's extraordinarily stupid move of laying off their London-based development team (for which they are paying dearly). That team has been picked up by Steinberg to develop a new program. Guess where I'm going when it's released ... A small, talented, communicative, quick to react team (with a sense of humour), that try cares about the quality of their product is the way to go. It produces a "community of users" that interacts with product management.
Thanks guys!

r_harms

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 03:21:15 pm »

I've never enjoyed my hobby more! I get to listen to more music whenever I want. My wife and I use it all over the house in ways I thought was science fiction before I started using Media Center.

I've added a third monitor to my computer so I always have Media Center running to use and edit my media collection. I could not imagine being without it in my life...

So you have my sincere Thank You!

Keep up the great work...

Rick

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 03:41:02 pm »

+1

franswilco

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 04:13:11 pm »

Hey guys,

Let me join in as well by saying thanks! I used to be a die-hard iTunes user before I tried out JRiver.

I was looking for new ways to streamline the way I handle my media. I wanted to play my music remotely from home (pc) to the office (mac), sync music to my new Android phone (or play to it remotely, in order to save the few gigs it has) and iPad, play movies / replace Plex, replace the malfuntioning Apple Remote App (stopped working since I recently switched ISP that supplied a crappy modem/router), stream to my Marantz receiver (losslessly of course) and LG dock speaker. Phew!

... JRiver is by far the best option.

The transistion was quite smooth once I figured out how JRiver manages files on the hard drive. The one thing that really won me over was JRemote for iPad! Best iPad app I - as app developer - have ever seen! Truly amazing experience when comparing it to Apple's.

My only point of criticism at this point would be that it is less stable than iTunes. But I can live with that.

rjm

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2013, 06:39:04 pm »

My only point of criticism at this point would be that it is less stable than iTunes. But I can live with that.

Welcome.

You may have arrived at a bad point in history that hopefully will be short lived.

I have used MC and iTunes on a regular basis for many years and MC has been more stable than iTunes most of the time for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up