INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User accounts and separating media  (Read 854 times)

redchris70

• Recent member
User accounts and separating media
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:57:33 pm »

Hi.  I'm currently evaluating v19.0.54 and appreciate many of the facets of MC.  I really would like to make it my media player of choice but with a young child in the house separating content and introducing some form of parental control is a deal breaker for me.

In XBMC I have 2 user accounts set up with a password on the adult account and the two accounts pointing to different folders where adult and child content is separately held.  It is straightforward to set up and achieves my aims of preventing children from accessing unsuitable content.

I want to use theatre view as much as possible and ideally only use standard view for maintenance.  I realise the user account feature has been introduced with v19 but from reading the thread it would appear that for many it needs some further development to be really useful.  So, are changes planned to the user account feature in the near future and can someone advise me of the best way of separating content and denying access to unsuitable media.

Thanks.

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: User accounts and separating media
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:26:24 pm »

Seems I need to learn to read..
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up