INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exclusive Access and Integer Mode  (Read 3248 times)

paul30d

• Recent member
Exclusive Access and Integer Mode
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:12:24 pm »

Does anyone know if exclusive access and integer mode are enabled only when MC 19 is playing music, or is it enabled all the time that MC 19 is open (ie. does it release control once it has stopped playing music).

I have a mac mini running as a jriver music server, using MC 19. It is set up with exclusive access and integer mode enabled... all of which is working well. I am contemplating using the same mac mini as a movie server as well. Obviously I cannot do that (yet) with JRiver, so I will probably use Plex for the movie part and JRiver for music, both running on the mac mini 24/7. I think this will work OK, as they can be controlled through separate iOS apps. Just trying to figure out if they will cooperate with each other regarding use of the DAC.

Paul

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Exclusive Access and Integer Mode
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »

Any access to the audio device will be released when you stop playback (or if you never start playback).

If you come from iTunes, make sure you stop instead of leaving playback paused.  Technically the pause state still has the audio device open.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

paul30d

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:46:46 pm »

Thank you Matt. Seems that it is going to work for me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:49:24 pm »

I might add that there is an open report of a device not leaving integer mode on stop.  However, if this is correct, it's just a bug and it will get fixed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up