INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot get MC19 to stay locked on chosen Audio device using a SPDIF Converter  (Read 1861 times)

digitalzed

• Recent member

I have a NAD 390DD amp and it is limited over USB to 96/24, but can achieve 192/24 over a coaxial connection, hence the Wyred4Sound 無ink SPDIF converter. I set up the 無ink in the Audio Midi settings, choosing it as the output source, I then changed the source to the Wyred4Sound unit in the tools section of MC19. All should be good, right? But in MC19 the NAD continues to top out at 96/24, never showing it's playing 192/24 when I feed it recordings with those rates.

I also use Audirvana+. Audirvana+ has no problem here and when I run 192/24 files through it, the NAD shows the correct rate on its front panel. So I know the NAD can play these files. It seems that something isn't quite right when the signal is passed through MC19. If I go back to my Midi panel, I see that the Wyred4Sound unit is no longer the selected audio output device. However MC19 still shows in the tools section that the 無ink is the chosen audio device. This doesn't happen with Audirvana+.

I very much enjoy using the remote function and cataloging features of MC19. Any suggestions on what I might need to change in MC19 to get it to stay locked on the 無ink and achieve the rates of my files above 96/24?

paul30d

• Recent member

I have the same Wyred4Sound 無ink SPDIF converter (USB connection from iMac to 無ink, optical connection from 無ink to a DAC). 無ink/JRiver would not lock onto the correct sample rate and always wanted to play at 44 kHz... this is on hi-res 24/96 files and even SACD ISO's. I tried disabling integer mode and everything works properly. Maybe JRiver and the 無ink don't work together with integer mode.

Found the same thing as you did with Audirvana. Works perfectly with integer mode and changes sample rate correctly.

For now I have disabled integer mode on JRiver MC and I'm not experiencing any issues. Also I was able to borrow a Bel Canto uLink SPDIF converter and it worked perfectly in integer mode with JRiver. So it does seem to be an issue with the Wyred4Sound 無ink SPDIF and integer mode. My iMac is on OSX 10.9.

digitalzed

• Recent member

I have the same Wyred4Sound 無ink SPDIF converter (USB connection from iMac to 無ink, optical connection from 無ink to a DAC). 無ink/JRiver would not lock onto the correct sample rate and always wanted to play at 44 kHz... this is on hi-res 24/96 files and even SACD ISO's. I tried disabling integer mode and everything works properly. Maybe JRiver and the 無ink don't work together with integer mode.

Found the same thing as you did with Audirvana. Works perfectly with integer mode and changes sample rate correctly.

For now I have disabled integer mode on JRiver MC and I'm not experiencing any issues. Also I was able to borrow a Bel Canto uLink SPDIF converter and it worked perfectly in integer mode with JRiver. So it does seem to be an issue with the Wyred4Sound 無ink SPDIF and integer mode. My iMac is on OSX 10.9.

paul30d, thank you! I was afraid I was the only one out there. I tried this again yesterday with the 無ink connected to my MyDac, which can natively play 192/24 from USB or Coaxial. However when using MC 19, MC 19 down sampled 192/24 files to 96/24. No such issue with Audirvana. I will try turning off Integer Mode and see if that does it. Thanks for the tips. Would still very much appreciate hearing from anyone else that may have had this issue or a suggestion. It does seem MC 19 and Wyred4Sound 無ink specific.

digitalzed

• Recent member

paul30d, thank you! I was afraid I was the only one out there. I tried this again yesterday with the 無ink connected to my MyDac, which can natively play 192/24 from USB or Coaxial. However when using MC 19, MC 19 down sampled 192/24 files to 96/24. No such issue with Audirvana. I will try turning off Integer Mode and see if that does it. Thanks for the tips. Would still very much appreciate hearing from anyone else that may have had this issue or a suggestion. It does seem MC 19 and Wyred4Sound 無ink specific.

I think I may have solved the issue. After switching off Integer mode, I went through these steps:

1. Tools>Options>Settings>DSP & output format...

2. Click on DSP & output format and look for the Sample rate box.

3. Go in and match up the Output to the Input by right clicking on the Output. Once 44,100 Hz = 44,100 Hz and so forth, close MC, reopen, and try to play some higher resolution files. So far so good for me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up