INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Stutter  (Read 1830 times)

techjunkie

• Recent member
Video Stutter
« on: November 19, 2013, 09:33:37 am »

Hi: When watching my movies through JRiver they either do not play or play back is very jerky/slow.What is the problem and how do I fix it?Just started in the last day or so???Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video Stutter
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:42:58 am »

You might have to tell us more.

techjunkie

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:46:18 am »

What info do you need to know??Thanks

Solved it had to switch back to Red October Standard from HQ...very strange that it just stopped working on HQ! How fast a computer is required for Red October HQ??? I have an i5 4th gen (4570) Haswell using the on board audio/video it(Red October HQ) for a month all of sudden it can't use the HQ setting??? Using standard Red October am I losing any PQ??Thanks!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:06 am »

You haven't said what files you're watching or how you're watching them.

connersw

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:47 am »

Is it doing it for all files or just certain ones?  What else is your PC doing at the same time? 

Your chip has HD 4600 on board which should handle madVR (Red October HQ) for most videos; however, some can be more taxing than others for a variety of reasons.   You may want to read this:  http://missingremote.com/review/intel-hd-4600-madvr-performance

You may also want to read this:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0 and adjust to a less demanding scaling algorithm.

techjunkie

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:36:59 am »

Is it doing it for all files or just certain ones?My files are all in MKV.  What else is your PC doing at the same time? Nothing else when I'm using JRiver.Thanks for the info will read up on it.What are the advantages of HQ vs standard, watching on either my L.G 22" monitor or Panasonic 55ST60 TV,thanks!!

CountryBumkin

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 11:49:41 am »

any chance Windows applied an automatic update the broke or changed your video or audio drivers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up