INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display View Freezes System  (Read 915 times)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
Display View Freezes System
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:01:12 pm »

I've been having a problem when trying to access Display View from the main menu when listening to music tracks using Theater View.  If I play some music then scroll over to Display View and select it, MC 19 will freeze on me.  The music will continue to play but I can't scroll anywhere.  My mouse, keyboard and remote just seem to be stuck.  To top it off Display View doesn't actually display anything. The only way to get my mouse or keyboard back is to do a CTRL-ALT-DEL.  This has been happening for the longest time.  I don't recall when it actually started but I know it behaved the same way in MC 18.

As well, when listening to music there's an option across the top menu for Audio which underneath contains what appears to be my Zones that I created as well as an item called Player.  When I select it I get another screen that has no items to display.  WHat exactly does Player do and what is it used for?  Also is there a way to have my Zones not be displayed?  I have zone switcher enabled so don't need to see my zones here.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display View Freezes System
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:31:23 pm »

I think you have a broken Display Plugin, maybe a visualizer.

If you use any third-party visualizers, re-install them.
If not, try fully uninstalling MC (make a Library backup first, and DO NOT check the boxes to delete the Library and Settings when you uninstall).  Then reinstall.

I bet that'll sort it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up