INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live TV Broken  (Read 1955 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Live TV Broken
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:10:52 pm »

Had to reinstall Win7/32. Now have everything going but watching Live TV. TV recordings are fine as are their playback. This all worked fine before the OS reinstall.

When trying to watch Live TV it selects the channel and starts playback including showing the channel on the screen. After a few seconds it stops Playback and givves Error message: "Something Went Wrong With Playback. Failed to render audio stream. Unspecified error.

System:
Cable STB with Component Video and SPDIF Audio to HDPVR
Asus Essence ST Soundcard w H6 Daughter board straight to power amps

Installed Arcsoft drivers (latest version) and Arcsoft Software (TMT. ArcDemux.AX was not in Arcsoft\Mpeg Engine folder but I have put it there and registered it.

HDPVR Setup:
For Tuner Type I have tried all 3 choices, but understand that doesn't matter with the HDPVR.
Unchecked "Device Requires Cable to route sound.

In Video Crossbar: Video Decoder Out: Input = Video YRBY IN. Audio Decoder Out: Input = Audio SPDIF Digital In. I have tried Link Related Streams both checked and Unchecked.

Something odd I notice is that most of the settings don't 'Stick' when I come back to check them again:
"Device Requires Cable to route sound." is checked each time I go back to look at it instead of unchecked. Audio Decoder Out: Input = Audio SPDIF Digital In" reverts to "Audio = Line In instead of SPDIF.

Could this non sticking of settings be related to the problem or is that normal?

Log file emailed to Yaobing.

Will sure appreciate some help!

Thanks.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Live TV Broken
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 03:38:15 pm »

Had to reinstall Win7/32. Now have everything going but watching Live TV. TV recordings are fine as are their playback. This all worked fine before the OS reinstall.

Could be driver issue. Or could be OS issue (see below).

When trying to watch Live TV it selects the channel and starts playback including showing the channel on the screen. After a few seconds it stops Playback and givves Error message: "Something Went Wrong With Playback. Failed to render audio stream. Unspecified error.

I will take a look of the log as soon as  I receive it.

System:
Cable STB with Component Video and SPDIF Audio to HDPVR
Asus Essence ST Soundcard w H6 Daughter board straight to power amps

Installed Arcsoft drivers (latest version) and Arcsoft Software (TMT. ArcDemux.AX was not in Arcsoft\Mpeg Engine folder but I have put it there and registered it.

You can try uninstalling Arcsoft software.  We now use LAV filters with HDPVR.

HDPVR Setup:
For Tuner Type I have tried all 3 choices, but understand that doesn't matter with the HDPVR.
Unchecked "Device Requires Cable to route sound.

In Video Crossbar: Video Decoder Out: Input = Video YRBY IN. Audio Decoder Out: Input = Audio SPDIF Digital In. I have tried Link Related Streams both checked and Unchecked.

Something odd I notice is that most of the settings don't 'Stick' when I come back to check them again:
"Device Requires Cable to route sound." is checked each time I go back to look at it instead of unchecked. Audio Decoder Out: Input = Audio SPDIF Digital In" reverts to "Audio = Line In instead of SPDIF.

Could this non sticking of settings be related to the problem or is that normal?

Yes, this may well be the problem.  These settings are saved in registry.  Could there be an OS problem that prevents MC from writing to registry?  Run RegEdit.exe and take a look at the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 19\TV Settings\__?_usb#vid_2040&pid_4901#00a29c3a#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}_{a5d44047-56a5-4afd-a61c-176bb4ed375b}

(the last part may be a little different on your computer) and see if the values saved under that key make sense.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:57:30 pm »

Could be driver issue. Or could be OS issue (see below).

I will take a look of the log as soon as  I receive it.

You can try uninstalling Arcsoft software.  We now use LAV filters with HDPVR.

Yes, this may well be the problem.  These settings are saved in registry.  Could there be an OS problem that prevents MC from writing to registry?  Run RegEdit.exe and take a look at the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 19\TV Settings\__?_usb#vid_2040&pid_4901#00a29c3a#{65e8773d-8f56-11d0-a3b9-00a0c9223196}_{a5d44047-56a5-4afd-a61c-176bb4ed375b}

(the last part may be a little different on your computer) and see if the values saved under that key make sense.

Hi Yaobing,

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm not sure what would be the proper Reg entries so have attached screenshots of what you asked me to look for. Hope that helps. It's really hard to imagine something in Win 7 that would only block certain MC Registry entries.

Could you please check on a system to confirm that TV Configure settings 'stick' when you make changes and then come back to look again. Thanks.

I have uninstalled the Arcsoft software, but not the drivers of course.

Have you found anything in the log I emailed you?

Thanks again for your help.

Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 08:19:47 pm »

Could you please check on a system to confirm that TV Configure settings 'stick' when you make changes and then come back to look again. Thanks.

Bug confirmed.  I made a dumb mistake.  When changing from checkbox being unchecked to checked, the change sticks, but the change in the other direction does not stick.

While I fix this bug, you can just delete the registry entry "Has Physical Audio Connection to sound card" (or change the value from 1 to 0).

Have you found anything in the log I emailed you?

The log has not been received.  I think we are still having server problems, as I have not received any mail since yesterday morning.  Maybe the problem will be gone once you manually fix the registry entry.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:49 am »

Bug confirmed.  I made a dumb mistake.  When changing from checkbox being unchecked to checked, the change sticks, but the change in the other direction does not stick.

While I fix this bug, you can just delete the registry entry "Has Physical Audio Connection to sound card" (or change the value from 1 to 0).

The log has not been received.  I think we are still having server problems, as I have not received any mail since yesterday morning.  Maybe the problem will be gone once you manually fix the registry entry.

Hi Yaobing,

The Registry change made it work. The Checkbox now stays unchecked. But the SPDIF setting in the Crossbar always reverts to Audio Line In when I go back and look at it.

Thanks very much for your prompt help with this. Very appreciated!

Cheers,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up