INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 & WebEngine  (Read 943 times)

rlebrette

MC19 & WebEngine
« on: November 19, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »

Hi,

I'm currently working on a new skin for WebGizmo. I discover the different aspects of the engine.
I've read the Wiki part related to the engine at http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WebEngine_SDK
I've some questions about the engine, but first, here's a sum up of some missing elements in the documentation:

The WebEngine is acting as a standard webserver but it's managing the page library.html with a specific behavior.
The library.html file is allowing to browse the media collection from a root element referenced by the LibraryLocation query parameter.
If the LibraryLocation is referencing a "file container", the libraryfiles.html is used instead of library.html (the main URL doesn't change but the template is different).

## Tokens with no class
* [ShowPlayingNow] : whether the playing now button should be shown on this screen
* [ShowSearch] : whether the search button should be shown on this screen

## Class: Mode
* [Mode.Display] : the current zone label Playing to ...
* [Mode.IsRemote) : whether it's playing in a zone
* [Mode.IsPlay] : whether it's local playing (on the remote)

## Class: ModeZone
The current selected zone which is stored stored as a cookie named 'mode'
* [ModeZone.ID] : the id
* [ModeZone.Name] : the name

## CurrentLibraryItem
* [CurrentLibraryItem.ShowPlay] : is this item playable
* [CurrentLibraryItem.UseThumbnails] : ?

I can update the documentation page, but how to login?
I don't exactly get what CurrentLibraryItem.UseThumbnails is doing?
Is there a way to get extra values from the URL? For example if we add a new query parameter like .../library.html?param=1, how can we get its value in the template engine?
Is there other functions like min() available?
Is it possible to have more attributes exposed through LibraryFile(x) class, it would very cool to have access, at least, to the rating and the duration?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC19 & WebEngine
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 10:43:37 am »

Please send an email to bob at jriver for a wiki account.  Thanks for the offer to help.

CurrentLibraryItem.UseThumbnails is true for image and video and false for audio.  It's there because we didn't want to repeat the same thumbnail next to every file for audio views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up