INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: from PC to Mac  (Read 5287 times)

HiFi

from PC to Mac
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »

Dear Forum
Please excuse my "Google-English" ! I am switched from PC to Mac. Now I have download JR 18 (and 19)
to the Mac, where I entered my license number. Unfortunately, the Mac - version will not accept the license .
In all the hustle and bustle, I have lost four restores ! What must I do ? Do I need to buy a new license for Mac ?!

robcentola

• Recent member
Re: from PC to Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 06:39:58 pm »

I was wondering the same thing, but I'm going from Mac to PC. My fiance will be keeping the Mac. Trial version just ended and now I'm going to have to pay 100 bucks for each of to use JRiver? I love the software but darn.

Too bad it wasn't done by household.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:56:07 pm »

If she's your fiancée, maybe you're one household.  You can use a single license on all the PC's in "your" possession.

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:41:45 am »

Hey, thanks for the reply. You guys are awesome. I've been turning on everyone I know to this great software.

Now, when I do this, can I DL both for her Mac and my PC?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

It's two separate licenses (Mac and PC).  You would download to each computer and then do a restore.

Here's how it works:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

robcentola

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 07:27:51 pm »

Awesome, thanks. I'm new to this but loving it.

I'll take advantage of you being so helpful with another question:

I'm thinking about a NAS now. The Synology DS411 Slim specifically. We are still sharing the Mac and I was going to get a PC ASAP. IF I get this NAS, maybe I really don't need to the PC (was going to grab one tomorrow during the big hooey of Black Friday), or at least wait till I'm caught up paying for my system. Anyway, can I use JRiver on the NAS and control it's functions via my Galaxy S4 with Gizmo, or do I need to Mac to control JRiver in the NAS? Maybe I can hold off on the PC if this is the case.

BTW, I have to say, through this process of learning about using a computer as a source, buying the equipment, etc, I've had nothing less than stellar customer service. Between the folks at Peachtree, Oppo, JRiver and Jim Salk, I couldn't be happier. At my age, and being a consumer, I could only hope others have been so lucky. Every vendor has been a class act.

Many thanks!

bplexico

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

What is your intent with the NAS? To store your music files or the MC software as well?

Do you just have one DAC? If yes, is it hooked up the Mac?

You can control MC with the Mac, via screen sharing from another computer,or via something like JRemote or as you noted Gizmo.

Mac Mini (16Gb memory, 2.3GHz i7, SSD), Synology NAS, MSB Analog DAC, Tubes, Cables, DeVore O/96s
Pages: [1]   Go Up