INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing a file on client causes same play on server??  (Read 1224 times)

goose2

• World Citizen
Playing a file on client causes same play on server??
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:46:26 pm »

When I play files from my server library on my media server client computer, media center on the server plays the same file, even if MC is not running on the server. When the client plays another file, the original selection remains playing on the server. This has me baffled.....it never used to happen.  I'd like to be able to play the server library on the client without the (any) file playing on the server. Both computers are new Win7 64 bit machines. New installations of MC17 on both, connected via hardwire as home network. Everything worked as desired before the upgrades. I have probably messed up some settings on the new installations, but after a couple hours searching and experimenting, I'm lost. Any help out there?
Thanks,
RW

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing a file on client causes same play on server??
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »

On the client, you must have selected the other machine to play to.  Under Playing Now, the first section shows the possible destinations for the playback.

goose2

• World Citizen
Re: Playing a file on client causes same play on server??
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »

Thanks for the speedy reply Jim....you had the right answer. There is Joy in Mudville. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up