INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD to PCM, over DLNA (Selective "conversion" DSD files possible)?  (Read 2389 times)

fritsveer

• Recent member

I have managed, thanks to ThierryNK, to play DSD to PCM on my Superuniti.
As he mentioned he has to configure 2 UPNP servers to not up/downsample all files to 24/176 (see Quote below).

Is there another way to only have ur DSD files "upsampled/converted" to 24/176 and have ur other files as is?

My post is not about this possibility. And what you ask for is already working
But not to a DAC (that does not include UPNP) but to a network player.
Configure for converting to PCM 24/176 and see.

I had to configure 2 UPNP servers: one for this DSD to PCM conversion (for my S5 that does not support DSD) and a regular one without conversion. Because I do not want "all" tracks (PCM) to be upsampled (or downsampled) to 24/176.
To have the choice of what type of files one wants to convert would be a nice and useful feature.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DSD to PCM, over DLNA (Selective "conversion" DSD files possible)?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:01:55 pm »

I have managed, thanks to ThierryNK, to play DSD to PCM on my Superuniti.
As he mentioned he has to configure 2 UPNP servers to not up/downsample all files to 24/176 (see Quote below).

Is there another way to only have your DSD files "upsampled/converted" to 24/176 and have your other files as is?
The degree of configuration granularity required to do this is not currently available.

fritsveer

• Recent member
Re: DSD to PCM, over DLNA (Selective "conversion" DSD files possible)?
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 06:29:02 am »

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the answer, clear.

another Q (for all who know the answer :));

In the Network preferences i have made 2 servers now.
One where the music is not up-sampled and one where I up-sample my whole library to 24/176.

Can i assign only part of my music library to this particular servers? Both servers see now my whole library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up