INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: auto column resizing  (Read 892 times)

ph_bradley

• World Citizen
  • Shagadelic Baby!!
auto column resizing
« on: February 26, 2003, 09:36:37 am »

please redo the auto column resizing for MJ. Here is what i suggest could be altered:

1) Why does it need to go through such a long-winded process to resize? for example, if i am removing the columns one by one by rightclicking the toolbar, and i remove the one that is completely on the right, why does MJ have to compress the columns to their default size, then remove the unwanted column, then resize the entire list again? why not make the unwanted column just disappear?
2) Some people may diagree with this, but i prefer the way Media Player resizes, i.e. it just auto-sizes the columns to the visible text only (i.e. an exceptionally long track name three quarters of the way down the list doesn't affect the column width of the portion of the list i am looking at at the moment.
3) I think we should have the option of whether to do display the filetype icon or not - i'm guessing more often than not people only get the music note icon (esp. in Playing Now) and no other - i myself am not sure i know what the other icons look like at all!

if you have the time to make these changes, please do - i know you arent doing much other than stability rebuilds for MJ but this would be a nice change in a new build if you make one.
Welcome to flipmode

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: auto column resizing
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 10:01:01 am »

1) Why does it need to go through such a long-winded process to resize?

MC9 Don't

Where it would take a few secongs the latest build of mc 9.0.120 it is really fast

I don't think you will see any more changes to MJ8, i think you will need to upgrade to MC9 or MJ9 when it is avail.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up