INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: best EPG to use for OTA in Canada (also receiving US networks) ?  (Read 2515 times)

rudyrednose

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
best EPG to use for OTA in Canada (also receiving US networks) ?
« on: November 22, 2013, 03:03:53 pm »

Hi,
I am a new cord cutter and went OTA this fall.  I am fairly happy about my setup so far (all computers running JRMC19-67):
- 3 HDHomerun HDHR-3 giving me 6 simultaneous record/live channels possibility among 30 channels/subchannels
- one Windows 8 HTPC per TV, all are clients of the Media Server
- one computer running JR Media Server 19  24/7, with local library for music, photos and TV, and accessing a separate Linux share for movies.

Everything is running smoothly, once over the learning curve.  In my area we get 5 US networks from upper Vermont and 9 local Canadian networks

I am using mc2xml accessing a Zap2it account for EPG.  I had to cheat a bit (setup postal code, save channels to favorites, then setup zip, save channels to favorites) in order to get all the OTA channels I am receiving from Zap2it.  Anyway my EPG is now complete.

The issue I have with the current solution is that Season/Episode are not available from the xmltv.xml file.

So, is there an EPG solution giving those missing details for areas able to receive both US/Canadian broadcasts ?

It does not have to be free, I would agree to pay a reasonable fee (like Schedules Direct $25 annual).

One additional detail, I listen to both english and french programming, this might be an issue.

So, among those of us getting OTA channels from both US and Canada, any EPG solution stands out ?

Cheers !

Pages: [1]   Go Up