INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zone missing under Startup Interfaces  (Read 1762 times)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
Zone missing under Startup Interfaces
« on: November 24, 2013, 05:37:47 am »

MC 19.0.74, Win7x64

Hi,

I've recently added some bluetooth head phones and defined a new zone "Head Phones" accordingly. The thing is after shutdown MC while this zone is active and starting up MC next time into zone "Head Phones" while the head phones are turned off, it does always change the default Audio Device of the zone permanently (is this intended behaviour, btw?).

Therefore it would be nice to have Zone as an option under Options > Startup > Startup Interface as well, to let MC start always into a default "safe" zone.

There's the setting "Switch to zone on load" under Options > Theater View > Advanced, but this would switch zones any time entering Theater View, not just during start-up and therefore of no use as an alternative workaround in this scenario.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zone missing under Startup Interfaces
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:04 am »

The thing is after shutdown MC while this zone is active and starting up MC next time into zone "Head Phones" while the head phones are turned off, it does always change the default Audio Device of the zone permanently (is this intended behaviour, btw?).
On my system JR does remember the last zone, but it does not change the Audio device -- a wild guess .... something to do with the bluetooth loading?? If so maybe you could delay JRiver in the boot order so it would load after the bluetooth?

Not sure what you mean by a safe zone, btw.

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:13:28 am »

"safe" zone was only a figure of speech, I just meant any zone to choose for start-up, like the Player zone where in my environment the default Audio Device is always present, unlike the bluetooth head phones. In other words a dedicated start-up zone.

A start-up order or delay would not help, since in this scenario the bluetooth device isn't present at all during start-up because I don't want to go into the trouble to have it switched always on and waste its batteries as long I won't use it (hope this does not sound rude  ;) ).

On the other hand I have to switch on the bluetooth head phones before boot-up Win7 if I want to get them to work (or do the device adding and pairing all over again) but this is different issue at all and maybe I'm going to post it as a different thread in the hardware board.

With this topic I intend to adress the subject "Zone under Startup Interfaces" only, i.e. it's rather a feature request.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:20:43 am »

With this topic I intend to adress the subject "Zone under Startup Interfaces" only, i.e. it's rather a feature request.

ok, I get you. so on Windows startup, load zone X -- yes that would be good for me too as I tend to use a bunch of DSPs late at night, but in the day I forget to switch them back and have to reload playing now in another zone.

and NO you don't sound rude at all, no worries   :)

JeTie

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 01:25:04 pm »

I finally discovered the Media Center Core Commands: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Media_Center_Core_Commands
Instead of autostart MC via startup option, I put now a batch into the windows startup folder:
Win7: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

MCx.bat:
Code: [Select]
@echo off

rem Wait 2 seconds
mc19 /Sleep 2000

rem Start MC into Theater View: 1=Home, 3=Audio, 5=Video

mc19 /MCC 22001,1
rem mc19 /Mode Theater

rem Set Current Zone: 0=Player, 1=HiFi, 2=Cinema, 3=AudioNET, 4=Head Phones
mc19 /MCC 10011,0

In summary MC is entering Theater View [Homepage] and changing to the Player zone 0 (default)
The start-up delay via sleep is mandatory for reliable start-up of MC after logon.

Arindelle

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:34:03 pm »

@Je Tie Thanks! works for me  :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 10:55:44 am »

Keep in mind you can also use the MC Command Line options here, so instead of:

mc19.exe /MCC 22001,1

You could use:

mc19.exe /Mode Theater

The benefits of using the Command Line options instead of the MCC's, where possible, are that they: allow named parameters (so are easier to read later on) and they generally launch MC if it isn't already running, while the MCC commands are typically ignored if MC isn't already running.

Also, if you want to avoid seeing the black CMD window when you use one of these scripts, if you write it in VBScript instead and use Windows Script Host to run it (wsf file type), it won't show a black command window.  I have examples here that should make it clear:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=84541.msg577611#msg577611
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up