INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Bring back per Track Volume Leveling  (Read 1032 times)

aung

• Recent member
Feature Request: Bring back per Track Volume Leveling
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:56:32 pm »

Could you please include an option to choose if the album should be considered or not, as it was in the older versions?
As an alternative, could you brign the old volume leveling as a plugin, that  could be also placed any where in the chain?
Any other suggestion how to get rid of this album feature, but still using volume leveling?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Feature Request: Bring back per Track Volume Leveling
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:22:27 pm »

In another thread you said you wanted this because you don't put album values in the album field.

I'd recommend using the album field to store the album and a new field to store whatever special thing you're currently storing in the album.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aung

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 01:32:17 pm »

I didn't say I don't put anything in it, but I have some 1000 Tracks with the same value in the Album field. I could shift the whole tag in a custom field and leave the Album tag empty. Would this help? Is a blank value not the same Album for 30000 tracks?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 01:39:54 pm »

I didn't say I don't put anything in it, but I have some 1000 Tracks with the same value in the Album field. I could shift the whole tag in a custom field and leave the Album tag empty. Would this help? Is a blank value not the same Album for 30000 tracks?

That would fix it.  Files are not clustered into albums if they have a blank artist or album value.

You can copy library fields easily using Library Tools > Move / Copy Fields...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

aung

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »

Ok, thanks, it works. Now the feature is usable!
Pages: [1]   Go Up