INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: dvd playback pixelated and stutters  (Read 2052 times)

AudibleSounds

• Recent member
dvd playback pixelated and stutters
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:36:25 am »

As the topic suggests, playing a dvd in my HTPC is horrible.  I have converted a few dvd's to .mkv passthrough and when played in MC the picture is blocky and it stutters.  Now when I play a bluray or a bluray .mkv passthrough it is great.  I have tried the same files using dvdfab player and the video plays fine.

i7 Haswell 4th gen
32 gb ram
Nvidia ge Force 760

Looks the same whether going though my receiver or straight to my TV.  I have switched from red October standard to red October high quality and still the same.  I am wondering if I might need to adjust the madvr settings.
Any suggestions on making it look better and not stutter?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: dvd playback pixelated and stutters
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:59:17 am »

There was a similar problem posted here in the last two weeks.  I believe it was solved but I don't recall the solution.  A driver?

It is probably not a setting for madVR.

AudibleSounds

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:05:44 am »

There was a similar problem posted here in the last two weeks.  I believe it was solved but I don't recall the solution.  A driver?

It is probably not a setting for madVR.

I did see the stutter post but it didn't apply to me.  It's not a driver issue.  It is strange that a different video player works wonderful and JRiver does not and only for the dvd versions of the video.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 12:11:15 pm »

If you are using RO+HQ (madVR), try setting the deinterlacing to ON "if in doubt" and force to Film mode. That took care of my complaint.

AudibleSounds

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 03:01:19 pm »

If you are using RO+HQ (madVR), try setting the deinterlacing to ON "if in doubt" and force to Film mode. That took care of my complaint.

You are a genius!  That was it and now they play wonderfully.  Thank you for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up