INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why can't I seek until 5 seconds after playing as client  (Read 1360 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Why can't I seek until 5 seconds after playing as client
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:47:41 am »

When I play music via Media Center (client), which I do exclusively except on my HTPC, I cannot seek songs until they have been playing for 5 seconds.  Seeking doesn't work, it jitters, and often messes up the UI, often causing Media Center to crash.  This has been a longtime issue and makes rating music difficult because I can't jump to the middle of a song, I have to let 5 seconds play first.

JohnT

Re: Why can't I seek until 5 seconds after playing as client
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:19:00 pm »

I tested on a Mac 19 client (build 83) playing a mix of files (aif, wav, mp3) from a Mac 19 library server (build 83) and wasn't able to reproduce the problem.  I could start a song playing and immediately click towards the middle of the song in the player window and it seeked and started playing in a couple of seconds.  Is this similar to what you are doing?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

benn600

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

You all may have fixed this ;)

Now on my work system I can't get it to happen.  I was so accustomed to not seeking for a while because it would wreak havoc.  Maybe it was fixed with that other playback switch tracks bug.  It happened most frequently when I was switching tracks.

I'll report if I see anything.  Thanks!

benn600

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 11:59:58 pm »

I've got it.  Play music from a client to library server but control the server (Zone: There).  Play a song (#1 on a CD) and then double click #2, #3, etc.  You will have to wait 5 seconds before, I think, the server updates the MC I am looking at of the track that is being played.

Often, when I switch tracks, Media Center will immediately highlight the wrong track (no idea why it picks the one it does) and then 5 seconds into the track, it updates to highlight the correct track as playing.  Only then will seeking work correctly.

If I try seeking before the 5 seconds is up, it will seek to the wrong spot and the bar will jump strangely.  It is as if the seek table was not loaded yet.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 11:03:12 am »

Thanks for the report, we'll take a look.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up