INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Open Live "loopback" skips and stumbles  (Read 12370 times)

crisnee

• World Citizen
Open Live "loopback" skips and stumbles
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:39:08 pm »

I'm using the loopback function with MOG. Usually a couple times per track the sound hesitates or stumbles/skips a bit. I've gone back and played the same tracks without loopback (not through MC19 in other words) and there are no sound issues.

Any ideas, solutions?

Thanks

-Chris

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Open Live "loopback" skips and stumbles
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 06:34:40 am »

Increasing Tools > Options > Audio > Advanced > Live playback latency should give you more resistance to skipping, at the cost of higher latency. (delays)

Latency does not really matter if you're only using it to listen to music though.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

Thanks your numberness  ;D, but I already tried that; no dice.

-Chris

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 08:08:22 pm »

Oops never mind, I didn't try that after all. I answered before I read (carefully). I'll be trying it though and will report back.

Chris

connersw

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 10:10:03 am »

I still get pops and skips with loopback as well.  The Audio settings I have been messing with so far are:

1) Audio Device -> Device Settings -> Buffering
2) Settings -> Prebuffering
3) Setting -> Play Silence at startup
4) Advanced -> Live playback latency

If I could get some input on which of these settings should be increased, decreased, or ignored, I would appreciate it.  Also, is there any other setting I should try?  Many thanks. 

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 10:20:09 am »

I still get pops and skips with loopback as well.  The Audio settings I have been messing with so far are:

If I could get some input on which of these settings should be increased, decreased, or ignored, I would appreciate it.  Also, is there any other setting I should try?  Many thanks. 

2) and 3) shouldn't be super relevant; 1) and 4) are the important ones.  I would try both raising and lowering the buffers set at 1 and 4.  Typically higher buffers reduce pops and clicks, but sometimes (paradoxically) higher buffer settings can cause clicks and drop outs in some setups.  For example, at one point I had an audio device that if I set the 1) buffer higher than 10ms my device would start stuttering in loopback.  The only way to find out what will fix your issue is to try different combinations of buffers.  My first inclination would be to try raising or lowering the 4) buffer and with the 1) buffer set to the default (50 milliseconds) and see if that improves things, and then work outwards from there.

If you're using ASIO output mode there is an additional setting to consider (hardware buffer size in your ASIO control panel), which can potentially have a big effect as well.

crisnee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:49:28 am »

Me too. I've tried most, if not all the setting combinations of choices 1 and 4. Some have less problems than others but even the best still have slight skips and stumbles here and there.

-Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up