INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lyric acquistion  (Read 2943 times)

fegelmej

• Recent member
lyric acquistion
« on: November 28, 2013, 08:49:33 am »

Happy Thanksgiving

I've downloaded a number of Track Info plug-ins (Thanks for builiding them) with lyrics.  Unfortunately, the lyrics don't show.  Is there another step I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.

Ramona60

• Recent member
Re: lyric acquistion
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 12:58:18 pm »

You can do it by yourself. You need a html editor (e.g. FrontPage Express). The skins are stored in the JRiver program folder C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 19\Visualizations\Track Info. In the subfolder named like your favorite skin is a html file (index.html). You can open it an insert (or replace an existing string with) "TRACKINFO_INSERT_LYRICS". You should backup this file (and copy this in the MC 20 folder in a few weeks)

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 09:13:46 am »

Excellent.  I'll give it a go.

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 09:20:04 am »

Well, the line "TRACKINFO_INSERT_LYRICS" is present in the skin, but when I call up that visualization, I get all the information called for in the HTML except the lyrics.

I've tried several different skins/plugins, all have the language, but none call up the lyrics.

Ramona60

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:13:58 am »

For me it works. I tested it just now with the standard Noire visualization. I replaced the string TRACKINFO_INSERT_GENRE with TRACKINFO_INSERT_LYRICS. I saved the html on the desktop and replaced the index.html in the Visualization folder with the new file and instead of genre now lyrics are called. Have you used uppercase characters?

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 04:17:50 pm »

Followed those explicit instructions.  And unfortunately, not calling the lyrics.  I cut and pasted so the case and syntax should be the same.  Weird.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 08:12:24 am »

please try this as a test.
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 02:58:38 pm »

Thanks very much for the attachment.  It loads fine, and all of the track info data is present, but no lyrics.

BernhardS

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:40 pm »

What is the MC field name where your lyrics are stored?  Use the Tag Action Window, expand it to show all fields, and see if you see your lyrics under the Lyrics tag.  Or have you used another field? (In Win7) under C:\Users\......user name....\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 19 is a file "field (lyrics).jmd", and it's size should be significant greater than 1 kb
I will explain that whenever I want a thing, and Mrs. McWilliams wants another thing, and we decide upon the thing that Mrs. McWilliams wants—as we always do—she calls that a compromise

THE McWILLIAMSES AND THE BURGLAR ALARM  (Mark Twain)

fegelmej

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 01:51:02 pm »

No file with "lyrics" in that location.  Do I need to actually create it?

Ramona60

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2013, 03:00:55 pm »

Maybe you have no lyrics in your data base? Use the Tag Action Window, expand it to show all fields, and see if you see your lyrics under the Lyrics tag. The track info shows always lyrics stored in the tags - it's not a lyrics grabber.
Pages: [1]   Go Up