INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: quick zone question, thanks  (Read 964 times)

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
quick zone question, thanks
« on: November 28, 2013, 11:27:04 am »

if i want to set up multiple DSP "presets" is it best to use zones?  i've been using my dB meter and have my hifi set up with room correction etc, but have different settings for my headphones, or my smaller computer stereo

is the easiest way to set these up as zones?  i guess what i don't understand from my reading is if zones keep DSP settings, so if i chose "headphones" as a zone would it turn off room correction and change the EQ settings, etc.

thanks

EDIT:  nevermind, have started to figure it out.  anyone who is searching zones, each zone will keep all of the default DSP, audio path, etc. settings.  now if i can only get my DLNA zone working i'll have JRiver doing everything i want it to...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: quick zone question, thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 08:11:37 am »

if i want to set up multiple DSP "presets" is it best to use zones?

To provide a clear answer...

Yes.  Zones can be thought of as "settings profiles".  They can be used for EITHER:

1. Selecting different playback hardware (different outputs which, obviously, have different settings)
2. Selecting different "sets of settings" for the same outputs.

The main thing to remember when using them, is that each different zone has its own, independent Playing Now list.  That's how, of course, you can play one thing to Zone 1 while simultaneously playing something else to Zone 2.  But, they can also be used to quickly switch "profiles" on the same hardware.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up