INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get my hi res wavs to play on iphone?  (Read 1438 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
How to get my hi res wavs to play on iphone?
« on: November 28, 2013, 04:56:51 pm »

When I try to sync playlists from JRiver to my iphone those files with a higher bit rate will not sync to it. Is there an easier way of accomplishing this other than trans-coding to another lower res format?

Thx

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to get my hi res wavs to play on iphone?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 05:01:29 pm »

When I try to sync playlists from JRiver to my iphone those files with a higher bit rate will not sync to it. Is there an easier way of accomplishing this other than trans-coding to another lower res format?

I do not believe your iPhone cannot handle a resolution beyond 48/16 so dropping the res is really your only option if you want to play the files.

VP

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 05:26:10 pm »

Is ther not a way to automatically send the appropriate files to iTunes & then the iphone?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

Is ther not a way to automatically send the appropriate files to iTunes & then the iphone?

Have no idea.

This is - after all - a forum for JRiver...not iTunes. :)

That said - your iPhone is incapable of playing back any file higher than 48/16 - so it doesn't really matter anyway. iTunes or no iTunes.

VP

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 05:43:13 pm »

I appreciate your response. But w/respect it does matter regardles if its an iphone or another device it is playing or sending to. JRiver is very robust and has a huge tool set which, unfortunately or fortunately has an endless number of possible functions. One of which is being able to send olaylists from J River directly to the iphone. This encourages me to think there may be a way to modify the files in JRiver to the best possible resolution that is playable in the iphone before sending to it.

What I'm actually hoping to to is get the files into the phone to then connect to my car via the lightening plug.

Thx for any other possible solutions others may have.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 05:56:20 pm »

I appreciate your response. But w/respect it does matter regardles if its an iphone or another device it is playing or sending to. JRiver is very robust and has a huge tool set which, unfortunately or fortunately has an endless number of possible functions. One of which is being able to send olaylists from J River directly to the iphone. This encourages me to think there may be a way to modify the files in JRiver to the best possible resolution that is playable in the iphone before sending to it.

What I'm actually hoping to to is get the files into the phone to then connect to my car via the lightening plug.

Thx for any other possible solutions others may have.

Downsampling from j.River is very easy if that what you are getting at. But it sounds like you are looking for some way to get a 96/24 WAV file onto the iPhone. It won't happen.

Maybe if you offered a bit more background on the files etc - it maybe easier to help. If it was me - I would simply sync using MC and create 320k MP3s for the iPhone and leave it at that.

Again - you cannot play back hi-res WAVS via your iPhone - so best suggestion is to use something that works.

VP

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 06:01:10 pm »

Yep, thats exactly what I'm trying to do.. Zzget the best possible files (preferrably not mp3) onto my phone automatically via mc. Just dont know how to do it.

All files are wV. Most are cd rips, mNy are hi res 24bit 96 or few at 192 kHz.
Pages: [1]   Go Up