INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver newbie needs basics  (Read 1088 times)

Boomzilla

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver newbie needs basics
« on: November 29, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »

I'm sure that answers to these questions are already somewhere online, but googling has not found them for me.  Could any of youse guys kindly direct me to where I should be looking? 

1.  I have the latest JRiver Media Center installed on my iMac server computer.  I want to direct the audio output over ethernet to my Oppo BDP-105, which will serve as a DAC.  How do I configure my Media Center software to see the Oppo over ethernet?

2.  Once configured, I want to use JRemote to control the Media Center and "push" music to the Oppo so I don't have to use the clunky Oppo interface.  I have JRemote on my iPad, and the iPad will be on the same wireless network as the router (connected both to the server computer & the Oppo via ethernet).  Any potential problems here?

3.  Once the above are configured and working, how high an audio resolution can I stream?

Thanks, gentlemen - I appreciate your responses.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver newbie needs basics
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 06:39:05 am »

sorry I don't have a Mac (but at least it will bump your post ;) ) so you should wait for confirm but ...

Probably have to configure the Oppo under add configure DLNA servers with Media Network Options and maybe look at your video conversion options client side

lots of people on long Thanksgiving weekend so give this a day or two

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver newbie needs basics
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 06:39:20 pm »

Here's a wiki page on setting up your DAC:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up