INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Set channels individually for different TV cards  (Read 1464 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Set channels individually for different TV cards
« on: November 29, 2013, 01:40:49 pm »

Eventhough I can scan for channels individually on each card (I have 3) in the setup, there doesn't seem to be an option to enable/disable channels individually on each TV card.  This is a major thing for me as some cards are getting more channels than others...

Thanks for the help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Set channels individually for different TV cards
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 01:57:24 pm »

Are  you talking about STB channels?  STB channels are always tied to a particular capture device because the capture device is connected to a specific STB.  That said, however. currently we do not support multiple STBs.

If you are talking about other types of channels, the channels are not tied to specific tuners.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 02:09:22 pm »

I do have a colossus in the setup as well but that's not what I'm talking about.  For the 3 tv cards (2 Hauppage 1250 + one 950 USB), I wish I could specify which channels each of them should use.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 03:27:51 pm »

I see.  It is not possible at this time.  All tuners are treated equally, and they are automatically loaded as needed.  The only user control available is the ordering of the tuners.  The tuner at the top of the list is always tried first.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »

Thanks for letting me know.  Any possible workaround? I recall having seen something about channel stacking? Can that help or it's something else?

Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 09:22:25 am »

Channel grouping is for consolidating channels of different type (OTA and STB for example) that require different tuners but carry the same program.  It is not for what you ask for.

There is no way around it.  The best you can do is to order your tuners smartly.  I can put this on my list of things to do, but since this is an unusual usage, it will probably be at the bottom.
Pages: [1]   Go Up