INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newby question: Changing TheaterView  (Read 1420 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Newby question: Changing TheaterView
« on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:56 am »

I am mightily impressed with the different ways in which I can adapt the various views to suit my own purposes. What I haven't managed yet, however, is to set up Theater View in such a way that when I view my TV Shows I have the option to only see the shows I have not yet watched. I would like to get a list for each show, NOT a list listing all shows because that is just too much to take in or scroll through. So if I go to say Battlestar Gallactica, I would like to have a menu item ("unseen") which would list just the those shows. Any ideas on how to go about that?

forbigd

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Newby question: Changing TheaterView
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:10:20 am »

Hi,
I'll take a stab as this is a feature I really need as well.
The simplest is "number plays". If Number Plays is greater than zero, don't show it.
Here is an expression I use to make a check mark when watched 96% or better.
You can have it look for the checkmark and not show those either.

ifelse(isequal(watched(1), 2),
   regex(Watched(0), /#(\d+)%#/, -1)/
   if(isrange([R1], 5-95), [R1]%, ✔))

And as long as I am sharing, here is the expression I use to sort by Alphabet.

listbuild(1, \,
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^(?:The )?([A-Za-z])#/),    [R1], 0-9 etc.),
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^(?:The )?(.[A-Za-z])#/),   [R1], 0-9 etc.),
   If(Regex([Artist], /#^(?:The )?(..[A-Za-z])#/),  [R1], 0-9 etc.))&datatype=
    Both expressions came from these forums, I am just sharing them back! :)

Don

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »

Thanks Don, that is useful to know but was not quite what I meant. What I wanted was to see a list of shows I had not yet seen in Theater view. Preferably together with a different list of those I had seen (I don't want them to disappear from view altogether). I kind of accidentally achieved this by tinkering around in the Theater View options. What I eventually ended up doing was adding the "Number of Plays" Library field to Shows - Series (where Series and Season had already been set up). In Theater View this gives me a group "Unassigned" for what I gave never seen, and groups "1", "2" etc for things I have watched more than once. That is even better than I had planned because it allows me to track popularity as well. 

ivb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:43:37 pm »

I created two entries, one for all, one for unwatched. My only concern with grouping is that I could have a ton.

connersw

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 07:29:35 am »

Adding a child level (what you did) is one way to do it. 

The other way, so you don't see an additional category, is Set rules for file display.  Under Rules, I have Number Plays is 0.  The only category I use is Series, and I sort by Date (a-z).  This way, it functions like a DirecTV DVR.  The Series with the newest show comes to the top, then when I watch it, it drops back down, even if there are other Episodes in the Series I have not watched yet. 

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 07:18:04 am »

You can add a new view and set the Limit to only include episodes with Number Plays = 0. Just be careful that MC regards the video as watched as soon as it's been above 50% of the length. So, you might want to not stop to many episodes toward the end. Or else you might be missing some action.

Combining forbigd's suggestion of including stuff that have not gone past the 96% mark would be a better option. I've used such a rule for a long time my self, but I don't have access to it now.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 02:09:57 pm »

This isn't done yet.  I need to add audio to the later demo part, but the microphone I have here now is crappy and I'm going to re-record the audio with a better mic.  But, I figured I'd post it now anyway, as it shows it pretty well screencast style.

https://vimeo.com/80925331

This demos how you can build View hierarchies for MC's Theater View, and adds a secondary view that displays an Unwatched version of my regular "TV Shows" view.  It'll be better with audio, but you can get the idea and probably solve your problem using this now.

The "magic" expression you see me copy and paste from my Unwatched Movies view while I'm making the new one is this:

[=Compare(Watched(1),<,2)]=1

That filters a view to show only items where Watched is is less than 2, which includes all new, never watched episodes, as well as partially watched episodes, but not fully watched ones (which would otherwise have the checkmark).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up