INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Videoclock not working on EVR  (Read 3549 times)

GrandeBoma

Videoclock not working on EVR
« on: December 01, 2013, 08:55:52 am »

Hello everyone,

I used MC17 with ROHQ for long to view blu-ray content, and occasionally to view 50i video content dvd e.g. concerts with satisfaction

recently i tried a dvd with film content (I don't own many) and i was surprised that I could not get any pal slowdown. I browsed this problem on google and found many others reporting stuttering and lack of slowdown on MC17.

However, Videoclock is slowing down 50 hz material to 24p correctly when the dvd is ripped to mkv and played

Despite several set up changes, I can still not get it right with dvd from disc, I have videoclock enabled and auto switch mode which is instructed to play 50i content as 24p

When playback starts, the resolution is switched to 1080p24 but videoclock is not slowing down the tempo and pitch which are reported as 1.000. Furthermore, the video obviously skips a frame every second upon casual viewing

My diagnose is that this has to do with EVR not working correctly with videoclock for pal slowdown. The evidence is as follows:

With mkv, avi and other files, madvr is used and videoclock provides slowdown
with dvd discs EVR is used instead, but videoclock is not slowing down for unknown reasons. Since I initially used only 50i video dvd, the problem was not showing because no pal slowdown was required, until yesterday when I tried to watch a film content dvd disc and could not get any pal slowdown

With MC18, which I downloaded on trial, this problem is overcome because madvr works also on dvd discs, so EVR never comes in play. However, I have no intention to buy a new licence for a newer software because MC17 is advertised to provide slowdown and I expect this issue to be solved somehow on MC17 too.

I could be missing something on the setup menus, but I tried to toggle all possible settings including hw acceleration and autoswitch, to no avail

I would like to get some insight on this matter by users with more expertise than me or from developers

how to get pal slowdown on dvd discs with mc17?
Pages: [1]   Go Up