INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA -Problem with "customize views" for videos  (Read 1197 times)

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
DLNA -Problem with "customize views" for videos
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:08:29 pm »

Hi,

I've detected an possible error if you enable DLNA in J river. I use the last version of j river.

I am assuming that we have a custom views for organize the videos using rules. For exemple like this: "[Access Rating]=[Adult] ~sort=[Filename (name)]"

When you enable DLNA, in the DEVICE (like Asus O'play) are not showed the same list of files that you can see in J river program using custom views.

If you use the function "Add or configure DLNA servers..." ==> "custumize views":

In here I can see all smartlists/custom views. If I select any of this smartlists/custom views and I click in "set rules for file display..." the rules of the custom view now is empty! (in here should appear this:"[Access Rating]=[Adult] ~sort=[Filename (name)]"; the same that before in the general view). So in the DEVICE this smartlist not show the same that the program!

Does anyone can understand me? Sorry for my basic english.

The problem is simple, the smartlist of the program is not the same that the smartlist used for DLNA server. So the device not show the same files. So you need edit each list only for DLNA server. This is a bug? I think that it is!

I know how to solve it. I need edit each smartlist in "custumize views" but this is too much work for me! I have many smarlists!

Anyone can help me?

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: DLNA -Problem with "customize views" for videos
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 03:01:00 pm »

DLNA doesn't provide any customization.  The Renderer controls the presentation.

We prefer JRiver, by the way.  It works better with a search.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 03:56:34 pm »

DLNA doesn't provide any customization.  The Renderer controls the presentation.

We prefer JRiver, by the way.  It works better with a search.

I think that you don't understand me. I know that DLNA doesn't provide any customization. I don't say this.
What I'm trying to say is that in J river I have one list of files and in DLNA device I have the same list but with different files.

So I understand that this is a failure of the program.

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:04:35 pm »

Sorry, Now understand how it works.
It's solved.

Thank you

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 04:38:39 pm »

When you enable DLNA, in the DEVICE (like Asus O'play) are not showed the same list of files that you can see in J river program using custom views.

If you use the function "Add or configure DLNA servers..." ==> "custumize views":

The Views shown in Standard View are not connected to those shown via Theater View or Media Network.  They can be completely independent, and unrelated to what you see in Standard View.

So, to see the similar behavior you have in Standard View, you also need to customize one of the Views in the Media Network settings.  If you want to "import" the settings of a view from Standard View, you can use the Add > Library Item from Standard View to import them over.

Also, I'm not positive this still applies, but it used to be that you had to restart MC completely for the changes you make here to take effect.  This includes closing the Library Server applet in the tray, if you have MC set to run the Library Server on Windows Startup.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

cron0sRXR8

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 04:48:46 pm »

The Views shown in Standard View are not connected to those shown via Theater View or Media Network.  They can be completely independent, and unrelated to what you see in Standard View.

So, to see the similar behavior you have in Standard View, you also need to customize one of the Views in the Media Network settings.  If you want to "import" the settings of a view from Standard View, you can use the Add > Library Item from Standard View to import them over.

Also, I'm not positive this still applies, but it used to be that you had to restart MC completely for the changes you make here to take effect.  This includes closing the Library Server applet in the tray, if you have MC set to run the Library Server on Windows Startup.

Thank you glynor! Now I'm cheking this! Finally I will select any of my views (of standard view) for the view in dlna device.

Unfortunately, I have any problems when play videos from my dlna device:

- sometimes aspect ratio of the video is not correct.
- .srt subtitles are not available.
- if I use seek forward function the video is close.

Finally I will choose HTPC instead of media player with dlna. But I need save any money for this  :P

Pages: [1]   Go Up