INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ crashes every time I try to access Settings/options  (Read 699 times)

Snidely

MJ crashes every time I try to access Settings/options
« on: March 02, 2002, 02:01:01 pm »

Hi,

I recently installed MJ on my test computer and everything worked fine, though the program is very unstable under Win 98SE. Then I tried to install it in my home theater PC, which is the main reason I bought it, but every single time I try to access settings/options, the program crashes with an "invalid page fault in module media jukebox.exe", so I have no way to set the program up, making it virtually useless as is. This machine is also running Win 98SE, with a bare minimum of software loaded. I have also tried various 8.0 beta versions with the same problem. Does anyone know a solution or probable cause to this dilemma?

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:MJ crashes every time I try to access Settings/options
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2002, 02:06:00 pm »

Which version of MJ are you using? One v8 version from a few days ago didn't do well with win98, but I think that they got the problem solved. Did you try an uninstall/reinatall?

Snidely

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2002, 02:21:44 pm »

I tried versions 7.2, 8.0.214, 8.0.215, and 8.0.217, all with the same results. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling each version, but to no avail. Also, even the installer displays a crash message when it installs, though it seems to install fine anyway. I just tried running the porgram with the defaults, and it played 2 snags before it crashed again. This is very discouraging to say the least.

Michael Horton

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2002, 02:27:45 pm »

OK, here's something that used to work (in v7, don't know about v8) surprisingly enough:

You should try adjusting your video settings lower--lower color depth and screen resolution--just during the installation. Afetr the installation, you can return to the normal settings.

Perhaps someone else here can elaborate

Seems odd, but if we started a pool and everyone who's come back and posted that this little thing made the difference were to pitch in a doller, we could use the funds to get Brenda's new .rrg file . . .
Pages: [1]   Go Up