INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video help needed.....Pls  (Read 1483 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Video help needed.....Pls
« on: December 06, 2013, 06:03:18 pm »

I know that much of the following belongs in JRemote. However, Much of it also applies here. I am desperate to receive guidance on the following......

I have been wrestling with this all week. I just set up a new CAPSv3 Zuma server running JRiver 19. I do have TV running for live TV though I have many tweaks and adjustments to make. But I have figured out how to get it to record to my Synology Diskstation 1812. The problem I am having is that I am unable to get "Video Station" on the Disktation to play the video either on my local laptop or remotely ipad or iphone. I can't get JRiver to play remotely on my iphone or ipad either.

I first had the video settings to jtv. Then read where ts may be more universal so I switched to that. But has not made a difference.

Now, I am aware that the actual file type is most likely what makes the difference...mpg4, mpg2, avchd, etc but I am at a loss where to go from here.

I should also mention that in my research for this I did see where VLC is suggested and it even popped up as a suggestion that it be installed. I have installed VLC on my ipad with no luck. I know I am not doing something right......

Lastly.....I would like to be able to remotely stream live TV from JRiver using JRemote on my ios devices. I even have had a VPN set up to do this.....but, alas, not luck here, either.

I want to record TV in the best possible resolution & format as possible for playback at home as well as remotely on my ios devices.

I know there's a lot here but would really appreciate any guidance anyone might be able to provide.

Thanks for listening!

JR

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video help needed.....Pls
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 06:09:44 pm »

MC does not currently support live conversion of video content to the proper format needed for playback on iOS devices.  This means that, while JRemote can support video playback, the files you play must already be in a format that iOS knows how to understand natively.  This means, effectively, H264 compressed MP4.

This was listed, originally, as one of the targeted features for the MC19 development cycle back when it first got started up (with the "no promises" caveat, of course).

For now, a decent (though not perfect) option is to use MC in concert with AirVideo HD.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Video help needed.....Pls
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 10:20:36 am »

Thx, glynor. I appreciate the info.

One last question if i may.....I have video playing that JRiver recorded but Video can stutter and pixelate at times....I origianlly had RedOctober HD set then went to the regular RedOctober which improved things but it still occurs. Any suggestions?

Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up