INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo stopped working on 2nd PC [Solved -- firewall]  (Read 1568 times)

joetiii

• World Citizen
Gizmo stopped working on 2nd PC [Solved -- firewall]
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:47:56 am »

So I have had Gizmo working fine accesing 2 PCs within my network for a year now with no problems. I have it setup so that I can access MC18 from outside the home as well using 52199 and all has been well. Recently Gizmo has been unable to access one of the PCs from within my home network. (I have not tried accessing from outside home). I can access one PC from outside and inside no problems, but I get error communicating with server message to that one PC.

I reinstalled MC18 on all PCs and I reinstalled Gizmo on my Android. Still an error communication message. I tried adding another server using the same key for this one PC. Now when I go to log on, I can see that Gizmo is making an attempt in rapid succession maybe six times with the 52199.

Anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo stopped working on 2nd PC
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:53:24 am »

Firewall?

What changed on that machine?

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:59:06 am »

Well I personally havn't chnaged anything or added any security/firewall programs BUT.... it is a family PC so someone may have installed a program which has disabled access through the network.

Good idea for me to check that out and I will report back.

Thanks

joetiii

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:50:46 am »

Being the Junior woodchuck that I am, I am reporting back that I did in fact find the windows firewall had been switched on at some point causing this problem. All works as it should now and I am thankful once again for the support I receive from the board members on this site.

;D ;D ;D ;D

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo stopped working on 2nd PC [Solved -- firewall]
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 07:20:49 am »

Thanks for letting us know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up