INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving MC 17 from my current computer.  (Read 1841 times)

JamesW

• Recent member
Moving MC 17 from my current computer.
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:30:46 am »

I am using MC 17.0.189 on the "family" computer.  I have to move my music listening to a different part of the house.  I can't move the computer. I have a second computer "downstairs" but it doesn't have internet access.  How can I move or copy MC 17 and reinstall it via USB?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Moving MC 17 from my current computer.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:05:26 am »

First do a complete Backup your library. Then download on the computer that does have internet access the last version here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75411.0 Download a new install key from JRiver (you'll need this to license the other computer without an internet cxxn.

Copy the three files to your USB flash drive and transfer them to the new PC. Copy your media if needed (preferably to the same drive letter/path as the old PC if possible).

Install the program; click on the install file; then restore your library. If you couldn't use the same paths, you will need to repoint the database (do not use auto import, or you will lose some playback information) -- its part of library tool rename/move -- if you need help on this post back.

Now Make new backups of Library and media :)

Just in case don't remove everything from the family computer until this worked for you.

JamesW

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:16:53 pm »

Thanks.  All is working great.......17,500 albums...and counting.  MC 17 is the best program for this kind of volume.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 04:35:48 am »

Thanks.  All is working great.......17,500 albums...and counting.  MC 17 is the best program for this kind of volume.
Nope .. MC 19 is .... faster than nuts (HA word censored  ;D)
Pages: [1]   Go Up