INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 8.0.217 Beta Available...  (Read 6601 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
MJ 8.0.217 Beta Available...
« on: March 01, 2002, 12:39:56 pm »

Media Jukebox 8.0.217 beta is available:

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaJukebox8.exe

Please backup your library and your license.

(note: you can use "Help->Check for Updates" if you've installed a previous beta of 8.0 to reduce the download size)

History:
1. NEW: Added "Clip At Borders" option to visualization's "Super Transform" component.
2. Changed: Playback engine would reload the same plugin when switching modes unnecessarily.
3. Fixed: CD Writer would fail to create audio CD with from files with name longer then 64 characters.
4. Fixed: Selecting CD playback from Quick Play menu would occasionally crash MJ.
5. Fixed: MJ would skip CD Audio tracks.
6. NEW: Added "Enable ScrollBars" menu item to Track Info plug-in.
7. Fixed: System tray menu would not work when MJ was in mini-me mode.
8. Fixed: Renaming file just by changing capitalization of some letters would crash MJ.
9. Fixed: Display plug-in window would resize if Auto-Hide bars is on.
10. NEW: Added tool menu to send to, in it Media Editor and CD Labler
11. Changed: Media Editor is limited to one running version.
12. NEW: Added Edit menu item to MJ Shell integration.

Callithumpian

• Galactic Citizen
  • Subvert the Dominant Paradigm
RE:MJ 8.0.217 Beta Available...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2002, 01:04:14 pm »

I havn't mentioned it so far since everyone seemed to be all over you about it, but MJ has been profoundly unstable on my WinME and WIn98SE machines with symptoms like those attributed to "memory leak" in the 80211 bug bulletins.
MJ will sometimes play for an hour, sometimes two, or perhaps only 5 minutes, before it gets in a loop and plays the same 3 seconds over and over.

80211 was a dog, that's for sure.
80214 seemed a bit better.
I missed 80215.
But 80216 was, I think, the worst of all for this instability.  I have had to abandon this post through MJ crashes and reboot, twice, to get this far.  MJ20210 is now reinstalled and playing fine.

Hopefully this entire post will be rendered meaningless by the sheer perfection of 80217.

Anyway, MJ8 is awesome and worth the niggles.

ZRocker

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2002, 01:08:44 pm »

Bug:

1. While using windowed mode visualization and 'Always on Top (windowed mode)' option on, going into Vis Studio, updating the vis, saving and exiting Vis studio...the Always on Top stops working.  It is still set, just not working.  Toggling the setting off and on will get it to work again.

Update
Turns out just going into and out of the Vis Studio (w/o doing anything) messes up the Always on Top functionality.  It looks like Vis Studio meant to temporarily disable Always on Top while Vis Studio was displayed, but forgets to re-enable Always on Top when it exists.  Doh!!

scub

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2002, 01:11:14 pm »

>>6. NEW: Added "Enable ScrollBars" menu item to Track Info plug-in.

Hard to get to bottom scroll bar with the toolbar set to autohide.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2002, 01:29:16 pm »

>>>>6. NEW: Added "Enable ScrollBars" menu item to Track Info plug-in.
>>Hard to get to bottom scroll bar with the toolbar set to autohide.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa...........

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2002, 01:39:26 pm »

* I get a crash each time I select "Audio CD (xx)" under "Devices"

* Still scratchy (lousy) sound when playing audio cd in digital playback (the intelligent reader would now ask the
relevant question: how is he able to determine that if he gets a crash every time he wants to play a audio cd...?)

First time using this build I was able to select audio cd with no crashing - and here the sound was as it has been the last many builds, bad.

Then I did what MHorton did to handle the digital playback prob, I reinstalled the cdrom drive with drivers, rebooted,
and now MJ crashes each time.

EAC and Windows Media Player still plays my audio cd's like a dream.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.217
CD-rom drive: Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1798 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 350 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
wnaspi32.dll: N/A

Michael Horton

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2002, 02:30:19 pm »

>>>>>>>>>Then I did what MHorton did to handle the digital playback prob, I reinstalled the cdrom drive with drivers, rebooted,
and now MJ crashes each time.

I think that when I did that, I didn't have MJ installed, and then reinstalled MJ after. At the time, I was trying to solve 2 problems--horrible digital audio playback and inability to log on to Music01, so I was doing a lot un/re installing. You might try that. Sorry.

Michael

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2002, 03:01:15 pm »

Ever Since about 8.214 - 8.216 Media Server Quits on me

03/01/02 19:42:46 - sharer starting
03/01/02 19:42:46 - Initializing server.
03/01/02 19:42:47 - telling web central we want to share
03/01/02 19:42:48 - web central status regarding sharing 200
03/01/02 19:42:48 - web central body regarding sharing ok
03/01/02 19:42:48 - Server initialized
03/01/02 19:42:48 - sharer ready to accept connections
03/01/02 19:57:48 - telling web central we are alive
03/01/02 19:57:49 - web central status regarding being alive 200
03/01/02 19:57:49 - web central body regarding being alive no
03/01/02 19:57:49 - I am no longer in web central's database
03/01/02 19:57:49 - telling web central we are done sharing
03/01/02 19:57:50 - web central status regarding done sharing 200
03/01/02 19:57:50 - web central body regarding done sharing ok

03/01/02 19:57:51 - Initializing server.

I am now no longer serving "Not Serving"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2002, 03:13:03 pm »

when doing a connection test i got

03/01/02 20:09:24 - web central body regarding sharing Music01 couldn't connect to you for some reason.
this is probably a firewall or a NAT problem.
Please see the helpful faq at www.music01.com
Our best guess why is:
cannot connect
message was

03/01/02 20:09:56 - Music01 web central does not want me to share

1. I have no firewall
2. I have no router only a direct connection to the cable modem

is my file list to long and is getting a timeout?
Fayetteville, NC, USA

RAVMAN

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2002, 03:17:45 pm »

King- Won't solve your problem, but I would get a personal firewall like Norton Internet Security 2002 which does not interfere with MJ at all.

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2002, 03:38:42 pm »

I can't seem to figure out Image (Cover Art) copy and paste.  I can copy an image, but when I click paste on a song that has no image, no image is shown.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2002, 03:52:38 pm »

RAVMAN

I normaly Use ZoneAlarm But Have Not Installed It

Gateley

Also I Just Put A New Lib Online, And It Did The Same Thing.

I Was Online, Then Shortly There After I Was Tossed Out Of The Server With About 2000 Files Online
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Severian

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2002, 04:00:52 pm »

I got it to crash. Yay. While using Update Library--Remove Files That Do Not Exist and Update All Database Fields were checked. Right before the crash I could see in Media Library that there was all kinds of goofy garbage in the tag names--sometimes the file name and path, sometimes nonstandard characters.

Rerunning Update Library succeeded without crashing immediately afterward, and the files and library seem to be OK, with the exception that Media Library's By File Location isn't right. It only displays drive and two directories down, yet the directory is four deep (DriveLetter:\MainDirectory\ArtistNameSubdirectory\AlbumNameSubdirecctory). Not sure if this is by design.

Severian

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2002, 04:12:38 pm »

Got another one. Select multiple files (I selected all of one album in album view), go to properties. The right side of the filename list allows you to grab and resize horizontally...not. Maybe it should, but on experimentation I got the entire right side tabbed box to vanish and not come back, and on another try I somehow got every file in the left side filename list to duplicate, giving me a list twice as long as previously. Further experimenting with the dialog box maximized yielded even more funkiness. Same disappearing box behavior, but also the command buttons on the bottom got all chopped up--repaint is busted. In general there's just a lot of weirdness happening there. Sometimes the grab works, sometimes it doesn't...check 'er out for yourself.

ZRocker

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2002, 04:53:24 pm »

I can confirm the problems with the File Properties dialog...repainted is wacked.  Drag the vertical slider between the two windows and watch the funnies begin.  Generally, the right-side turns blank and the buttons paint oddly...plus all the other things Severian mentioned in his/her post.

e_to_the_x

« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2002, 04:54:13 pm »

Definatly cool looking. I like the new full-screen vis window.

Only problem is that it crashs every 3 or 4 minutes. When I start it up and press "Rip CD" on the toolbar when there's no CD in it, it says that there's an error in (I don't know about when there is a CD). I also don't like how catagories are under the playlists, but I'm guessing you've already decided on that. It's also crashed in "VISSTUDIO.dll" or something like that a few times.

Thanks for the awesomely powerful software though. Lot's of improvements!

dragyn

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2002, 05:07:47 pm »

JohnT,

Upgrading the ASPI worked. Thanks.

Mavrick

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2002, 05:08:54 pm »

Confirming problem w/Cover Art Copy and Paste. Copy does work verified by pasting into paint, Paste is what is broken. It is pasting a solid black image verified this by pasting then copying and pasting into paint.

BTW just tried Media Jukebox this week. It has some great features. Really love the ablity to edit tags on the fly without bringing up another window. The sound is better than any of the others I've tried.

ZRocker

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2002, 05:16:56 pm »

Bugs (all visualization related):

1. The Arsenolite visualization causes all kinds of havoc.  When enabled and you press Stop, MJ says 'Aborting...' in the player window and hangs forever.  Trying to uninstall Arsenolite does not work.  MJ says it was successfully uninstalled, but it's still there...will not go away.  Clicking on the vis toolbar (bottom) and changing to Arsenolite, I get 'n/a' in the Script area...guess the uninstall did something, just not everything it should have done.

2. I continually get the IE popup menu when I right-click in a Track visualization...that's not supposed to happen.  It appears to be a problem with changing the Track Page...after the change, you are back to seeing only the IE-style right-click menu (never the Track (vis) right-click menu).

3. The right-click menu for visualizations gets really weird on the cascading popup menus.  It leaves popups on the screen if you follow down a menu path and go directly to another menu in the same right-click menu list.

4. With Arsenolite installed, it appears changing the Display Plug-in sometimes cause MJ to get lost and not start any visualization (the one selected).  If you cycle to another visualization Plug-in and return, it usually will start working again.

5. 9. Fixed: Display plug-in window would resize if Auto-Hide bars is on.
Works, but is bugged in one instance.  While Auto-hide bars is on and vis is in window mode, if you resize the window so small that the bars are automatically not drawn (or hidden), MJ does not adjust the drawing area to include the now available 'bars area'.  So, the bottom 10% of the window just contains leftover junk...does not repaint with the current visualization.  If you lay a window on top of the vis window, you'll see that window's contents in the vis window when you bring it back on top.

6. Make the window mode vis window about 1" wide and 10" long and watch where MJ draws the vis toolbar (the one that is supposed to be at the bottom of the window).  It put it in the middle of the vis window...oops.  You may have to first resize the vis window to its smallest setting, then drag the bottom edge.  In general, MJ gets confused about what to do with the vis toolbar if the vis window gets too small (I think).

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2002, 05:19:52 pm »

> 4. Fixed: Selecting CD playback from Quick Play menu would occasionally crash MJ.
> 5. Fixed: MJ would skip CD Audio tracks

Indeed seems to be fixed now. Thanks very much.

--dwex

dwex

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2002, 05:21:52 pm »

In the InfoDisplay, if playback is stopped, TOTAL_TIME shows 0:00, not the length of the track...

--dwex

Claurika

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2002, 05:41:35 pm »

MJ Version 8.016
My OP System Windows 89,
After upgrading to MJ 8.0.215 I have this Problem (There was no Problem with MJ 7.xx)
However, I can’t use  “Copy/Move Disc-File” “locate on Disk” “Convert Format”,  
I get the Error “File not found!
Sending a file from a CD-drive to the CD burner gets the error “file does not exist”
Example: if I select locate on disk (where the file is on a CD in the CD drive) I get the error File not found. (But it will play just fine)
Updating the Library: This will REMOVE ALL the imported files that are on CD (the update message says “files on removable drives will NOT be removed”)

There are no problems as long as the selected files are on the hard-drive

Regards, Claurika

Eric

• Recent member
  • sailing, treehouses, home roasting coffee
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2002, 06:18:37 pm »

>>6. NEW: Added "Enable ScrollBars" menu item to Track Info plug-in.

Also, toggling this value makes the Track info page change back to "DJ"

I don't know when this started, but when trying to play an audio CD the tracks don't advance. (I can use next and previous to force the tracks to change)

On the drive with digital audio turned on, it actually makes a noise kind of like in a car when you let the clutch partway out while standing on the brakes.

Severian

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2002, 06:25:30 pm »

ZRocker>...plus all the other things Severian mentioned in his/her post.

His. Thanks for the gender-neutral consideration, though. I'll make an effort to be more manly in my future posts.

RhinoBanga

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2002, 10:21:28 pm »

Was fixed ... now broken Next Page

When MJ is minimised to the system tray and explorer crashes/restarts, the MJ icon is not restored and the program is still running in the background (I'm on Windows XP).

This was fixed in the previous beta so maybe it's related to item 7?

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2002, 11:05:08 pm »

MHorton, JRiver:

"I think that when I did that, I didn't have MJ installed, and then reinstalled MJ after. At the time, I was trying to solve 2 problems--horrible digital audio playback and inability to log on to Music01, so I was doing a lot un/re installing. You might try that. Sorry."

OK. did that. Uninstalled MJ - uninstalled drive, reinstalled drive, made a fresh install of 8.0.217,
and I still have a crash every time I select "Audio cd (xx)".

EAC and Windows Media Player still plays my cd's perfectly.

JollyJim

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2002, 12:04:24 am »

Sleep Plugin

When the sleep plugin is activated, it's impossible to change the volume - it kinda bounces back to where it was as the seconds count down

Jim

pete

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2002, 01:03:51 am »

EVERY time I try to play a song, album whatever I get a message saying that MJ has an error and then MJ is shut down !!

Win 200

Hertz

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2002, 01:43:34 am »

Hi,
Everything is fine, but I just have one request: could you put back the very small "mini-me" skin that existed on 7.0? That was extremely useful, especially on a small computer screen with loads of open windows.
Thanks.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2002, 02:03:33 am »

Memory Leak> I think I'm on to something here... it seems as though, if I play a playlist consisting of MP3's & APE's (all night - all day), then I don't experience the "crash-timer". But if I play one particular playlist, that consists of just 2 APL's (both pointing to the same APE), then MJ will crash.

So is it possible (forgive me, Matt) that the memory leak is actually in the APE input plugin?

Ilmar

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2002, 02:59:55 am »

Hi

MJ Crashes when you double click on an album in media library.

AppName: media jukebox.exe  AppVer: 8.0.217.0  ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0  Offset: ffffffff

XP Pro
AMD 1.2GHz
384Mb

Hary The Hipster

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2002, 03:32:00 am »

LLMAR's bug confirmed. Received 2 different error messages, one IPF at Media Jukebox.exe, another time an IPF at KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b9e3. Same albums play OK w/right click>Next Pagelay.

System info:

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.217

CPU: Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 163 MB, Free - 57 MB
Resource Info: System - 53 %, GDI - 76 %, User - 53 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3110.6
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995
Aspi32.sys: N/A

HTH

2bad

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2002, 04:43:42 am »

Mj mostly is closed, because errors seem to occure during gonig to next track in playlist

Media Jukebox  8.0.217

CPU: Intel Pentium II 300 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 16 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902
wnaspi32.dll: 4.70 , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2001 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.7

ZRocker

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2002, 04:53:02 am »

Hertz,

Click here for what you want.

pete

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2002, 06:25:48 am »

Not only does MJ crash whenever I try to play an album......but after a complete uninstal of MJ and going back to the prior version of MJ....the same thing happens.

Windows 2000

Is there anything I can do ?

ZRocker

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2002, 10:15:54 am »

Good News
The new GoldenHawk 3.8G library (in MJ8.0.206 and later) has solved a longtime problem I've had with all MJ releases.  That problem had to do with data CD burns and the physical order of the burns...now Goldenhawk burns the data tracks in filename order inside each sub-dir (a giant 'hurray' from me).

Now, new issues (bugs) to report:
1. There's a new (pesky) popup dialog that displays when you add tracks to a data CD burn list and the filename contains more than 64 characters, with this message:

The following filenames are too long for writing to a CD.  They will be truncated to 64 characters.

This popop message occurs when you initially add tracks to the burn list and when you reorganize (rename folders) in the burn list...annoying.  Can we have an option to turn this message off if we don't want to see it everytime?

Now, something must have changed in MJ and what settings/format it uses to burn a data CD because in all releases prior to 206, 64 characters was not the limit.  I've burned 40|PLS| backup data CDs using MJ and those CDs have filenames on them greater than 64 characters.  So what changed?  And, can we have an option in the CD burning options to choose the data CD format we want (Joliet, ISO 9660, XA, Joliet |PLS| ISO 9660, etc...I'm not an expert at formats).  It seems the new MJ data burn format solved one problem for me, but has started another problem I can't accept for my data CD backup (I don't want to lose my original filenames and make restores a pain).  I really, really want to use MJ for all my music-related burning tasks...I got my last issue fixed, but now my backups aren't acceptable.  I'd really rather have the backup data CD burns work because everything is catologed in MJ and have the physical burn order problem remain (if I had a choice).  Maybe a user-selectable burn format option will solve everything (I hope).

2. With a data CD burn list created and tracks added, the Update Order right-click menu option does not work...it does not retain the new order.  It looks like it works, but leaving the Devices' node and returning show the order is lost.  The Playlist.m3u file that MJ creates automatically on the CD during the burn also does not reflect the 'updated' order.

3. If you manually rename folders in a burn list (via the Org Tree nodes), the Playlist.m3u file MJ burns to the CD contains the old/original folder names.  So, basically, MJ burns a CD with a .m3u file that is useless because it references folders on the disk that do not exist (if you renamed them manually).  I did not verify what happens if you use the Rearrange CD Folders option (I'll leave that for you guys to test).

4. If MJ truncates a file's name to 64 characters, that truncacted name is not reflected in the Playlist.m3u file MJ creates on the burned CD.  So, again the .m3u file is useless.

5. What will MJ do if the truncated to 64 character filenames create filename duplicates because the 1st 64 characters of two or more files are the same?  I think that should be tested and fixed too (if a problem).  I was doing some tests and noticed one set of album's MP3s I had were duplicated in the 1st 60 characters...just under what was needed to keep them unique for a successful burn!!

Thanks!!
For everthing...someday we'll all be happy when MJ8.0 is released and soooo stable.

Xstatic

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2002, 11:15:19 am »

Seems so be something wrong with uninstall procedure - or something wrong with my way of doing it.

I uninstalled MJ via add/remove programs.
After this, MJ still appeared under programs in start menu and I could doubleclick the icon, and it would try to
start with a dozens of error promps.

Then I chose the "uninstall MJ" in the program group of MJ.
After this MJ still appeared - but of course wouldnt open, before I did a new install.

XP Home edition

ZRocker

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2002, 04:17:38 am »

Registry usage bug:

1. MJ is continually (every 3 seconds) doing a lookup of registry value HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\PlaybackEngine\LockDisplayBarsVisible.  This lookup happens when MJ is idle (stopped) and when it is playing music.

Brook

MJ 8.0.217 Beta - Can't play .wav files
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2002, 08:12:00 am »

I'm running Windows 2000.  Just updated to version 8.0.217, and now MJ won't play .wav files.  It still plays .mpgs just fine.  It also can't write .wav files to CD's.  

Previous version I was running was about 6 weeks old, so this 'loss of ability' could
have occurred at any point between then and now.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Udo_1

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2002, 10:15:34 am »

Applying directory rules to .ogg files failes.

Applying a directoy rule like 'ARTIST\ALBUM' to OGG files will faile, whowever, it works on MP3 files. Using only a single directory like 'ARTIST' works fine.

Udo

Me2U

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2002, 10:50:17 am »

Am I missing something?? I WANT to burn with cd-text. Is it there but I am missing it somehow???

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2002, 12:13:19 pm »

Metamorphis : When dragging the scroll button on a playlist window and then letting go, the playlist jumps back up in the list. It doesn't go all the way back to where you started the scroll, or even to the currently playing song, it just jumps back up a little ways. Sometimes it's only 2-3 songs, sometimes as many as 10.

Venner

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2002, 01:07:29 pm »

Interesting one. Went to rip a CD -> VBR Ogg. Clicked Ok, got pop-up error message "Invalid Number of Parameters".
Clicked ok, back to the Rip CD dialog; the OK button on it is now grayed out. Clicked on cancel, another error popped up; "Parameters not optional" Took me back to the Rip Dialog again, and now cancel was grayed out too. Had to ctrl-alt-del to kill it. Very repeatable error.

BarryD99

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2002, 03:05:46 pm »

Using a monitor resolution of 640 by 480, all of the burn cd window is not visable and the three buttons on the lower right of the screen cannot be read.  I assume they two are start and cancel.  What is the third?

Venner

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2002, 03:33:16 pm »

I was able to correct the problem I had the post before this one by uninstalling and reinstalling, FYI.

Now, I was wondering. Can MJ please use standard Ogg tags? I realize
the Vorbis team hasn't finalized ALL of the tags for "the standard"
(indeed, one of the great things about Ogg is the open-tagging)
but it would be nice to have artist, title, etc!

But why does this matter, you ask? Just use Media Jukebox, you say.
Well, I put my files on CD and take them to the lab, or to work, etc, which
are then played on winamp/xmms, etc. I want my info!

ZRocker

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2002, 04:37:12 am »

Observation (3rd try for a JRiver response...I know, I'm not being ignored)
When you have MP3 ID3v2 tagging turned off completely, can't MJ know this when doing a Properties on a file or files and not perform the exhaustive search of all the selected files? I mean, if I don't want to support ID3v2 tags at all in MJ, why search for something I don't have or support in hopes that you'll find something (which MJ won't). Seems like in this scenerio, MJ could come up quickly because every field I want supported is in MJ's own database. Am I missing something here or what?

JohnT

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2002, 05:04:14 am »

e_to_the_x:

When I start it up and press "Rip CD" on the toolbar when there's no CD in it, it says that there's an error in

I can't reproduce this here. When I do the same thing it pops up an error reading "No audio tracks were selected for copying". Check to make sure you have build 217 since there was a CD problem in 215 and 216. Maybe try uninstall/reinstall of build 217.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2002, 05:08:10 am »

Xstatic-

OK. did that. Uninstalled MJ - uninstalled drive, reinstalled drive, made a fresh install of 8.0.217,
and I still have a crash every time I select "Audio cd (xx)".

If you email me at johnt@jriver.com, I can send you a test program to narrow down where the problem exists.

Thanks,
John T.
JRiver, Inc.

JGourd

« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2002, 05:18:59 am »

ZRocker, the Goldenhawk lib is up to 3.8G. Was that a typo? I use that lib for my own CDR development currently. The good news is that MJ doesn't crash when accessing a CD anymore.

JohnT

« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2002, 05:19:11 am »

Am I missing something?? I WANT to burn with cd-text. Is it there but I am missing it somehow???

There is a limited list of drives that burn CD-text, and MJ does not support all of those. The supported ones are listed at this link:
http://www.goldenhawk.com/faq_body.htm#cdtext

We are looking to get more comprehensive support for cd-text in a future release of MJ.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up