INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback quick options (up/down arrow)  (Read 1131 times)

leftcoastfunk

Video playback quick options (up/down arrow)
« on: December 12, 2013, 10:47:19 pm »

Okay, this may be a silly/stupid question but I just cannot find the answer in all my digging.  I was previously on MC16 (tried 18 but had import issues and gave up lol) and recently installed the trial of MC19.0.90 with good success.  I'm loving it so far except for one thing:

In MC16, when video is playing in fullscreen, I can press the up/down arrows to get access to a number of handy quick settings such as volume and track seek (obviously), video scaling, brightness, etc.  My favorite one of these other than the volume and track seek, has always been that the name of the track playing was displayed - allowing me to not only see the title of what is playing, but to easily advance to the next track (or start over at the beginning).  For some reason, in MC19, ALL the other options are there - even more easily accessible - but the track title and subsequent NEXT/PREVIOUS functions are gone. 

I don't use a MC remote, and my keyboard is a small bluetooth keyboard without dedicated media keys, and I just LOVED the simplicity and ease with which I could navigate my videos with just the arrow keys.

Am I just missing something obvious, or has this functionality really gone missing in MC19?

Thanks,
leftcoastfunk

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 12:01:28 am »

Its been reported by others. I don't know why it was removed but I wish it was brought back too. The title of the currently  playing file should just appear above the time bar. Simple.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Video playback quick options (up/down arrow)
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 01:31:48 am »

I'm a huge cheerleader for MC, but I do miss all the information and functionality of the old OSD badly.

Fabricio

• No one has patience with me.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 03:31:25 am »

For me, working properly.

connersw

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:27:33 am »

That functionality is still there for Audio and Images, but not Video.  You would think it would be the same.
Pages: [1]   Go Up