INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This database will be opened in read-only mode.  (Read 1971 times)

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
This database will be opened in read-only mode.
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »

MC19 for Mac crashed on me this morning. Now it opens up really greyed out with the following message:

"This database will be opened in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when the programme exits."

I have uninstalled and re-installed the programme; checked zip file backups are in place; checked my Synology DS214Play NAS files play fine on Decibel. What ought I to do? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Running 2011 MacBook pro on
  Processor Name:   Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:   2,3 GHz
  Number of Processors:   1
  Total Number of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache (per Core):   256 KB
  L3 Cache:   3 MB
  Memory:   8 GB
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: This database will be opened in read-only mode.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:15:08 pm »

I assume you tried to reboot.

-Michael

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: This database will be opened in read-only mode.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 08:24:18 pm »

That fixed it JimH. You took 3 minutes to answer and I believe we're in different parts of the world (US-Beijing). Just amazing!

I had logged back in, not rebooted.

The cause of the crash: I will be posting another query about that when I get all the information together.

Thanks.
Synology 214Play, PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Roksan Kandy Amp, Dynaudio 42s, Magnum Dynalab 105T & attenuator, Nordost, TNTAudio and Furutech cables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up