INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newby: Move to next chapter  (Read 2427 times)

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
Newby: Move to next chapter
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:07:37 am »

I am probably missing something but how do I jump to the next chapter in a movie to the next?

astromo

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Newby: Move to next chapter
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:32:35 am »

In standard view, right click on the display.

Look for "Jump to" and then pick the chapter that takes your fancy.

Easy...

Had a quick look at the Wiki myself. Not sure where this is described.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 12:19:35 pm »

Sorry, I should have said I am using MC19 in a home theatre setting with only a (Harmony) remote to operate it (not a keyboard). Is there a keyboard shortcut for a "right click" of the mouse?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 07:25:54 pm »

The OSD lets you do it.

I think it is just left/right arrow.  But you might need to arrow through the OSD and pick the right thing.  Let me test...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 08:31:18 pm »

Yeah.  Like this:

https://vimeo.com/81907889

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 03:30:21 am »

Thanks Glynor, but as I noted before, MC runs in TheaterView only (home cinema setting) with a Harmony remote to control it so standard OSD is not an option. What I need is a keyboard shortcut that will call up the context sensitive menu and assign that to one of the spare buttons on my remote (the "Menu" button would be ideally suited for this).

I must say I am very impressed by MC so far (I switched from having used XBMC for a few years) but I do get the impression that it isn't completely geared up to home cinema users like myself who would like reasonably full control using a remote only.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 03:31:34 am »

The second part of glynors video shows the OSD in Theater View which can skip through chapters. Did you look at it?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, 03:57:38 am »

Oops, I saw the first part only. Sorry, that helps! I still would like to be able to access the context sensitive menu from the remote while in TheaterView.

PS. Is there a keyboard shortcut to get back to the main menu quickly (Audio, Video, Images menu)? If I am deeply into the submenus of say Videos then it would be convenient if I could jump back to the main menu without having to backtrack every single step of the way.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, 06:39:34 am »

I would think your remote would have up/down/left/right/enter.

The OSD and everything in Theater View can be accessed fully with only those keys.

PS. Is there a keyboard shortcut to get back to the main menu quickly (Audio, Video, Images menu)? If I am deeply into the submenus of say Videos then it would be convenient if I could jump back to the main menu without having to backtrack every single step of the way.

In addition to the arrows and Enter (and Page Up/Down if you can add them to your remote), there is one other button you need:

F11 cycles Theater View.  MC automatically assigns this button to the "green button" on WMC remotes, but it is also pretty essential so you should have one assigned to it on your remote.

It is a three way cycle:  Theater View Home > Display View (if a file is Playing) > Theater View Last Position

This is designed to show music Visualizers, not Video, but it works the same way for video files:
https://vimeo.com/68349735

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 08:17:50 am »

akira54

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 08:36:53 am »

F11 cycles Theater View.  MC automatically assigns this button to the "green button" on WMC remotes, but it is also pretty essential so you should have one assigned to it on your remote.

Thanks, that sounds very promising. I'll give it a try right away.

scottm_dj

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 11:33:08 am »

In-program chapter search is pretty easy....but what about using media server function rendering to a DLNA device (blu-ray player)?   Search fwd and back work, play and pause work but NOT chapter search using conventional skip button.   You can get it it with the "go to" remote feature (two presses) but its convoluted.  Does anyone know a way to skip chapters in media server mode with either the rendering device remote or within the jriver app itself??
Pages: [1]   Go Up