INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback Problem  (Read 1162 times)

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
Playback Problem
« on: December 14, 2013, 05:11:20 pm »

Hey there -

Long time former Media Center user on the Windows side, but when I went Mac in 2008, I had to say goodbye.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered my favorite media app had been ported to Mac!  I downloaded MC v19 (19.0.88 to be exact), installed it, imported my 50k+ tracks, and *boom* - nothing.  I've spent the past 3+ hours searching this forum (yes, I did), trying every possible combination of option, rebooting, etc., but still am seeing:

"Playback Problem
Something went wrong with playback.

Details:
Playback could not be started on the output 'Core Audio' using the format '44.1kHz 24bit 2ch'.  Bla bla bla..."

I've gotten used to being able to install stuff on my Mac (2008 Mac Pro 3.1 running 10.9 Mavericks with Bose attached to USB port) and have it just work.  My frustration level is climbing here, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Marc
THAT's what I'm talking about.

Marc

• World Citizen
  • Filthy Monkey
Re: Playback Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

Problem solved.  I had to go into DSP studio (Tools -> Options -> Settings -> DSP & Output Format) and set *ALL* output to 192,000 Hz.  Now I just have to figure out to force MC to actually retain these new settings, as they perpetually reset to other values that do not work.
THAT's what I'm talking about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up